Remote Copywriter | SmartBug | Remote | US | Canada |
Full-time Copywriter with Journalism Background at Fast-Growing Agency (Remote, Awesome Culture)
SmartBug Media, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a full-time copywriter with a journalism background and IT experience to write on a variety of accounts. In this role, you will work closely with a small number of account teams, effectively being the brand journalist for each client. This means you will play a key role in conceiving and delivering your clients’ written content and be a core member of the team.
We want someone who consistently delivers high-quality work in the form of blog posts, e-books, and more.
Only candidates in North America will be considered.
- Create high-quality, differentiated and compelling copy in the form of blogs, e-books, case studies
- Write for a handful of clients and become extremely knowledgeable about each industry/business
- Conduct interviews with clients and subject matter experts
- Contribute to the editorial calendar for your clients by conceiving engaging titles and story angles
- Write in Chicago, AP or MLA styles as needed
- Journalism background
- 5-7+ years of copywriting experience, IT included
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, blog structure
- Ability to provide the highest-quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible
- Ability to research topics and include references and citations
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines
- Cover letter
- Please include links to relevant writing samples to be considered
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to deliver high-quality work, on deadline, with little supervision
- Not afraid to speak up and contribute to make a project better
- Values, ethics and integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Fun to work with
SmartBug is a fast-growing digital agency that offers intelligent inbound marketing for revenue growth. We create success for our clients through the use of inbound and digital marketing, web design, public relations, sales enablement, paid media, and creative and branding.
A Diamond-level partner, SmartBug is the highest rated HubSpot partner in the world and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list and as a Great Place to Work™. In the last three years, we have won or been a finalist in 47 marketing awards, and have been featured in Chief Marketer, CNBC, the Huffington Post, and Forbes.
SmartBug is a 100% remote company that believes you can both have a challenging, rewarding, and growth-oriented career, while also having the flexibility to create what truly matters: life memories. Our people matter to us as much as the quality of our work.
This is a full-time position with the following benefits:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Medical, dental, vision with agency contribution
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Short- and long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- Flexibility of working remotely
- A chance to have a rewarding career and creating meaningful life memories