Actuarial Analyst (Remote)
Actuarial Analyst | Echelon Insurance | Canada
Echelon Insurance provides Personal and Commercial Specialty Insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses across Canada, through our trusted network of Broker partners. Echelon is a member of the CAA Club Group of Companies, and is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our associates, Brokers, and Customers.
Who we are
Get ready to drive your career forward. Life at Echelon is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates’ career growth and ongoing professional development – and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results.
We are caring. We are leaders. We are innovators. We are collaborative.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Actuarial Services, the Actuarial Analyst is a key contributor in evaluating policy liabilities, producing the Appointed Actuary’s report and supporting corporate planning and capital management at Echelon. We are looking to fill this position in either our Mississauga, ON or Montreal, QC office.
What You Will Do
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual claim and premium liability evaluations and creation of the Appointed Actuary’s Report
- Assist in creating and maintaining reserve related reports
- Contribute to annual Financial Condition Testing (FCT), Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) and other capital management initiatives
- Collaborate and support other members of the team
- Provide support to other actuarial function, if required
- Other ad hoc projects as required
Who You Are
- University degree in actuarial science/statistics/math
- Bilingual ( French and English) mandatory if located in Quebec; an asset if located in Ontario
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite, VBA , R , Qlikview, ResQ and IGLOO would be an asset
- Property and Casualty experience is an asset
- Minimum of 3 actuarial exams completed
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Competencies needed are adaptability, innovation, proactive, analytical skills and decision making
- Must be able to communicate effectively and explain complex concepts in a simple manner for others
What’s In It for You
- Competitive total compensation and benefits package
- Annual shared success program based on performance
- Annual merit increases based on performance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with a matching contribution component
- Complimentary CAA Membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). CAA CCG will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.