Associate Data Engineer (Remote)
Associate Data Engineer | Diebold Nixdorf | Poland
Associate Data Engineer
Diebold Nixdorf is a strategic, collaborative, end-to-end provider of services, software, hardware and security. With our clients around the world, we’re driving connected commerce for the future of banking and retail. We want you to join us as a Data Engineer.
As Associate Data Engineer you will join a team of highly motivated and passionate team players. You will support business planning, execution and evaluation through the extraction, aggregation, labelling and transformation of customer, transaction, product and other relevant data. In this role you will perform a wide range of data engineering functions to support the data science and analytics team to derive meaning from large and complex data sets. You will work in partnership with key stakeholders such as IT, SW engineers and data scientist to turn insights into business-focused actions and long-term strategies. Also, you will ensure company data science applications incorporate state-of-the-art concepts, practices and methodologies.
Location: remote work from anywhere in Poland
- Collaborates with peers and colleagues to gather, extract, transform and label data sets within an assigned area of responsibility.
- Designs and implements (cloud-based) data architectures, pipelines, and efficiently handle large amounts of data.
- Drives data modelling, standardization of data, cleaning as well as centralized control of data and associated documentation.
- Understands the data sources, architecture and platforms.
- Consults the future data strategy from a data engineering perspective by raising and documenting requirements.
- Consults and supports the implementation and extension of a central data platform.
- Regularly aligns with IT, SW engineers, data scientist and domain experts to continuously improve and enhance the data infrastructure, availability and performance.
- Consults business stakeholders when raising new data requirements and supports its implementation.
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Critical Thinking
- Initial experience of working in AGILE Projects
- Team player in an international environment
- ITIL Foundation Certificate recommended
- Good skills in using MS Office products recommended
- Experience in applied data analytics/science in the context of retail and/or banking industry and within the IT service delivery business recommended
- Good understanding of technical support processes, customer technologies and applications recommended
- Scripting languages: Python, Pyspark, SQL
- Design principles: Data Engineering, Data Lake, Datawarehousing, ELT, Cloud Data Platform Migration, Metadata Modelling, Data Governance
- Cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure (Databricks, Data Lake Store, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analytics and other main services)
- Databases: Data Modelling, Azure Datalake Storage Gen1/2, SQL DB
- ETL (Extract, Load, Transform) Tools: Informatica Power Center, SSIS
- Data visualization: PowerBI
- Great, supportive team
- Flexi-time & remote working
- Mentoring and free access to e-learning platforms
- Private medical care with family option
- Life and accident insurance
- Multisport card
- IT Events & conferences (hackathons: .NET Developer Days, etc.)
- Multicultural work environment
- International assignments and projects
- Casual dress code and plenty of free parking spaces (when working from office)
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**
We are a global Company operating in multiple Locations and Entities. As we are keen to find the best solution for our candidates several legal entities might be applicable for a Job offer. A List of our operating entities can be found here – https://www.dieboldnixdorf.com/en-us/about-us/global-locations