Remote Marketing Analyst
Remote Marketing Analyst | Brainjolt | Remote | USA |
Marketing Analyst (Remote)
REMOTE · Pasadena, California, United States · Brands
THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
What makes us different…
- We run one of the top 20 mobile websites in the USA, according to Quantcast (22words.com)
- Fully remote, we measure what matters and prioritize RESULTS over where you work
- #beatyesterday is our mantra… we optimize incrementally so we’re always beating our own records
- We’re scrappy doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems…
- Titles don’t matter. Results and drive do. Everyone is a chief problem solver at Brainjolt
- Bureaucracy is bulls&*t. We don’t like red tape. We prefer to work biased to action, led by data
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we enjoy playing the game and being on the journey
THE OPPORTUNITY: MARKETING ANALYST
At the heart of it, we need someone who’s a numbers monster to analyze pricing and bidding strategies to help develop, grow and support Brainjolt’s Social Media strategy. As the Marketing Analyst, you will provide insights related to ad revenue KPIs and discover ways to automate the revenue reporting and data analysis processes. We’re keen to partner with someone who has Excel/modeling skills, is willing to go GOOGLE (Google Data Studio FTW), and possibly has worked at a trading desk or in fin-tech in the past (kinda a weird ask, we know, but it will make sense if you join the team)!
- Measure everything we do socially with data.
- Grow our audiences broadly + widely across the interwebs leveraging insights from the data you are seeing.
- Create engaging reports to track progress and present data.
- Share what you’re seeing with data, compelling reports, and clever hacks so the whole Brainjolt team can learn from what you’re doing and grow accordingly.
- Stay absolutely up-to-date on Facebook (and other) algorithm updates and emerging trends in order to optimize for subject matter, frequency, and timing of posts.
- Understand our competitors and how they’re using social media. Imitate as necessary. Innovate beyond them. And drive new initiatives forward.
- Understand best practices and evangelize them. But never turn up your nose at clever tricks as you strategize new ways to grow social media followings and increase engagement.
- Love social media. Don’t just be the team’s social media expert (which obviously you must be)…be the social media evangelist, too.
- Bring Brainjolt to life on all relevant, non-Facebook social media platforms.
- Measure the sourcing, packaging, and spreading of viral content across the internet using a data-driven approach.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. (Non-traditional paths welcome!)
- EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years in an analyst position working with social media data
- Expertise in relevant social media platforms and their algorithms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest)
- Experience with large scale social media accounts (minimum 10 million followers total) and strategic growth of at least 25%
- Experience at a digital agency, publisher, eCommerce/SaaS company preferred
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Strong, data-centric analytical skills
- Can apply lateral thinking to generate new solutions
- Clear and clever written and verbal communication skills
- A love of working in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, avid problem solver, energetic go-getter
- Subject-Matter Expertise: you live, breathe, work, type, research and win at Social Media. All day, every day. You consistently stay abreast of best of breed technologies, workflows, and best practices in the industry.
- Data Driven: you understand that at the end of the day, data always wins.
- You Love to Test: you know that testing is the foundation of successful growth. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test.
- Entrepreneurial: you have a profit-generating mindset; you’re excited by developing and scaling new and varied revenue streams. You connect the dots when approaching new revenue streams, and have creative ways of monetizing social amidst an ever-changing industry.
- Growth Mindset: From learning new skills to pioneering new strategies, you’re always looking to grow. The internet changes fast, we’re looking for someone with the drive and aptitude to change faster.
This position is fully remote. Occasional meet ups in LA for face-to-face time (approx. one time per quarter).
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fighting boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. In addition to basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support your continued success and happiness:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k (with matching)
- Globe Trotters (get paid to travel program)
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, & Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal & business-related book budget
- Parental Leave