CDC Small Business Finance
Business Development Officer Wholesale (Remote)
Business Development Officer Wholesale | CDC Small Business Finance | United States
As a lender service provider, Momentus Direct Capital sources, markets, processes, underwrites and closes SBA 504 1st mortgages and other commercial real estate secured loans on behalf of a variety of funding sources. The primary function of the Business Development Officer, Wholesale Products (“BDO”) is to market commercial real estate lending products to banks, CDCs, non-bank lenders, borrowers and other referral sources nationwide. BDO needs to adequately assess the credit quality of applicants and properly place the applicant with the appropriate product.
Candidates must be located on the East Coast
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Market SBA 504 1 st mortgage loan products to banks, non-bank lenders, brokers, and other CDCs as well as directly to eligible small businesses.
- Pre-screen loan applications based on property type, cash flow and credit quality and determine the best product for the applicant. Field decline loans that do not meet minimum credit standards.
- Determine loan premium (if any) based on pricing, prepayment penalty and loan-to-value characteristics.
- Communicate results of prequalification and product selection to referral source or borrower.
- Prepare a prequalification memo or deal summary outlining the pertinent loan terms (structure, use of proceeds, interest rate, prepayment penalty etc), referral contacts and address any material credit issues.
- Engage loan processing staff to collect the appropriate items needed for formal underwriting.
- Work with credit staff to resolve any material differences between prequalification cash flow assessment and credit’s cash flow assessment.
- Communicate any declines to referral sources.
- Coordinate appraisal and environmental reports when necessary.
- Manage expectations and communication with referral sources or borrowers throughout the loan approval process.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of professional experience in business development, selling commercial real estate loan products or 10 years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree,with a minimum of 5 years of experience in SBA.
- Understanding of SBA SOPs, eligibility and deal structuring.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple parties throughout the process – lenders, brokers, CDC’s, banks, and other CDC staff.
- Ability to prepare basic cash flow analysis of loan applicants.
- Understanding of commercial real estate appraisals and environmental due diligence reports.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google applications.
- Ability to prioritize and remain organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Produce $50,000,000 in annual loan volume.
- Expand CDC’s network of referral relationships.