Connex Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Connex Senior Software Engineer | FIS | United States
Type Of Hire
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Are you curious, self-motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all fun.
About The Team
An amazing opportunity to join a talented team maintaining the FIS Flagship Transaction Debit Processing Switch; Connex on HP Nonstop. Leveraging Safe Agile framework to provide innovative data solutions driving real business value to both our internal and external customers.
A multifaceted software developer position with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Assigned to a scrum team consisting of project manager/scrum master, developers, business analysts, and quality control testers
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, modifies, and unit tests software enhancements and/or new products
- Takes personal responsibility for quality of individual deliverables and contribute to the quality assurance of the team’s deliverables
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or modifications
- Participates in all Agile team meetings and ceremonies
- Creates and revises all technical documentation related to coding and development
- Trains new employees on aspects of an application, system, and development processes
Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with HP NonStop/Tandem development with skills in performing requirement analysis, design, and coding in switches~ Connex or Base24
- Experience with TAL/TACL, COBOL/SCOBOL, and Enscribe languages
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of Debit Card payments transaction processing
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe)
- Attention to detail, diligence, and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer~ In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.