Credit Analyst Wex Bank (Remote)
Credit Analyst Wex Bank | WEX | United States
WEX is currently seeking an experienced, self-driven Credit Analyst 3 with a commercial lending and underwriting background to join their Large Credits team in Sandy, UT; but can work remotely throughout the United States! As a Credit Analyst on this team, you will be responsible for supporting our growing lines of business.
Underwriting New Requests:
- Perform advanced financial / risk analysis and verifications on large (>$150K) Commercial applications for new credit, credit line increases, or extensions
- Identify credit, fraud, compliance, and other operational risks that may subject the bank to unexpected loss
- Utilize commercial and consumer credit reports and other third party data to make credit decisions relative to credit applications in accordance with approved credit policy and established procedures
- Approve/decline credit requests within personal credit authority
- Perform financial / credit risk analysis of public and large private companies based upon risk alerts or credit review schedules
- Utilize intermediate to advanced credit risk analysis methodologies to make complex credit decisions related to account credit line increases, decrease, or loss mitigation strategies
- Determines the credit worthiness of all accounts not scored by models, and makes those decisions based on broad-based knowledge of practices and industry standards
- Prepare and present complete and accurate credit packages for management and the Bank Loan Committee recommending and supporting credit decisions
- Recommend improvements to strategy, policy and procedures
Customer Service & Other
- Resolve complex credit problems with internal/external customers
- Assist and respond to customers with requests, questions and complaints regarding their accounts
- Communicate with customers, relationship managers, and/or bank reference to gather required information
- Provide training and support to new employees and respond to internal credit-related inquiries
- Perform additional projects as assigned by the manager
- Bachelors degree (accounting, business, or finance preferred)
- 3+ years of Commercial Credit Risk Analysis and Underwriting experience
- Credit Business Associate (CBA) accreditation from NACM preferred or similar industry standard Commercial Credit Lending Certification (i.e. Moody’s CICC) is preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of foreign currency conversions and ability to work in foreign currencies when evaluating credit.
- Sound understanding and demonstrated use of credit and banking laws and regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of Collateralization / Securitization.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill working with credit scoring.
- Sound understanding of interpreting commercial credit reports & data and using that information to make complex credit decisions.
- Working knowledge and general experience with various credit tools (i.e. D&B, Equifax, and Financial Statements).
- Demonstrated accuracy & completeness in preparing & processing complex reviews that clearly recommend the action to be taken while highlighting the basis for the recommendation or decision.
- Advanced ability to assess risk on mid-sized to large public or private companies
- Must pass a successful background investigation.
- Ability to use non-standard or market data as inputs into credit analysis and recommendations
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft and G-Suite office products, and Windows O/S
- Capable of using Excel or other like tools to create and perform additional analysis outside of standardized Credit Analysis tools
- Working knowledge of credit and accounts receivables computer programs. Preferred experience in PeopleSoft, TSYS, Credit Manager, Moody’s CreditLens and RiskCalc.
Interpersonal & Communication
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with superiors, peers, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to maintain high customer service standards & handle escalated customer service issues.
- Strong negotiation, problem resolution, and analytical skills.
- Self-directed and motivated to act within decision-making authority. Seeks guidance from management as appropriate
- Strong presentation skills combined with strong verbal and written skills
- Accurately & consistently evaluates complex messages and responds appropriately to all issues and concerns
The base pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position. Actual pay rates will vary and will be based on various factors, such as your qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base pay is one component of WEX’s total compensation package. Most sales positions are eligible for commission under the terms of an applicable plan. Non-sales roles are typically eligible for a quarterly or annual bonus based on their role and applicable plan. WEX’s comprehensive and market competitive benefits are designed to support your personal and professional well-being. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurances, retirement savings plan, paid time off, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more. For more information, check out the “About Us” section.
Salary Pay Range: $59,000.00 – $78,500.00