Customer Service Representative (Remote)
Customer Service Representative | MCSnet | Canada
MCSnet has been providing high-speed internet to rural communities for over 25 years. As Alberta’s homegrown internet service provider, our team understands the importance of investing in our local communities—because we live and work in them. We value our employees and their families because, to us, family and business are one and the same.
We currently have an opportunity for Customer Service Representatives to join our team. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who can provide our customers with quality service and expertise. The successful candidates will be fully trained using MCSnet’s customer service policies and our own internally-designed software.
- Answering inquiries of new customers.
- Maintaining knowledge on Products and Service offered by MCSnet.
- Promoting and Selling MCSnet Products and Services.
- Maintaining a polite and courteous demeanor.
- Ensuring that all queues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all installations are booked.
- Maintaining an efficient schedule while prioritizing jobs at the same time.
- Maintaining communication with installers and customers
- Calling overdue accounts.
- Calling the Credit Card expiry list.
- Terminating services in a timely manner for non-payments provided that a good effort was made to make payment arrangements with the customer.
- Creating invoices for charges or credits.
- Posting of Cheques and Cash.
- Updating ETF / Credit Card Info.
- Responding to billing inquiries in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
- Knowledge of basic accounts receivable practices, processes and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Excellent analytical skills, well organized with a strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstration of strong follow up skills by staying on top of the issue until satisfactory resolution is achieved.
- Good verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Customer focused with demonstrated customer relation skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; works collaboratively with co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or equivalent work experience required).
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience.
- Intermediate level computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in google applications, email, Internet browser, web applications.
- Experience with communication on the phone and in person.
- Experience with time management.
- Ability to work both onsite and/or remotely at the discretion of MCSnet.
- Hours are Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, MCSnet can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values: Integrity, Respect, Courtesy, Communication, Team Work, and Accountability. If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration with the subject heading “Customer Service Representative”.
MCSnet thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Paul, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you proficient with email, internet browser and web applications?
- Are you able to provide a clean Criminal Record Check?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Accounts Receivables: 1 year (preferred)
- Google Applications: 1 year (preferred)
- English (required)
Work Location: In person