Data Engineer Freelance (Remote)
Data Engineer Freelance | Braintrust | Jamaica
Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – Jamaica (TimeZone: HAST/CKT | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 – $90/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long term
- BRAINTRUST JOB ID: 6736
Must be able to overlap Hawaiian or Mountain time zones for at least 6 hours.
Minimum 2 years of developing a fully operational production grade large scale data solution on
Snowflake Data Warehouse.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with building productionized data ingestion and processing
pipelines using standard data pipeline techniques (Spark, Python, ADF, etc..)
- 2 years of hands-on experience designing and implementing production grade data warehousing
solutions on large-scale data technologies such as SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle or DB2
- Expertise in implementing role-based access controls on Snowflake.
- Ability to write stored procedures and complex queries in Snowflake
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to problem solve and architect in an environment with unclear requirements
- Minimum two years of experience developing data solutions on Snowflake and Airflow
- Minimum two years of experience building and maintaining enterprise-grade object-oriented
programming solutions (Python, Java, C#)
- Expertise in establishing and maintaining DataOps pipelines.
What You’ll Be Working On
Our client is looking for a Snowflake Developer. Please see the job requirements below.
- Snowflake data engineers will be responsible for designing and developing various artifacts in the effort of Data migration from legacy databases to the Snowflake cloud data warehouse.
- A solid experience and understanding of architecting, designing, and operationalizing large-scale data and analytics solutions on Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse is a must.
- Developing solutions using a combination of Python, Airflow, and Snowflake
- Developing scripts using SnowSQL / Unix / Python etc., to do Extract, Load, and Transform data
- Provide support for Data Warehouse issues such as data load problems etc..
- Understanding data pipeline requirements and which tools to leverage to get the job done
- Testing and clearly documenting implementations, so others can easily understand the requirements, implementation, and test conditions.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.