Data Engineer (Remote)
Data Engineer | Nearsure | Peru
Nearsure is a technology company that connects Latin American tech talent with innovative companies in the USA & Canada. As a remote-first company, Nearsure fosters a diverse community that seeks to boost each individual’s skills with challenging and inspiring projects. Above all, our people make us who we are, and we focus on building close-knit teams that thrive in a motivating and friendly environment.
Our company’s strong culture and values are based on flexibility, transparency & communication because we want to ensure that our employees remain at the center of every decision we make. We want to continue building, day by day, a community that makes everyone proud and powers challenging tech opportunities.
We are looking for a Semi Senior Data Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Python, PySpark, SQL, and Databricks. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing data pipelines, as well as maintaining and optimizing existing ones. You will work closely with our team of data scientists and analysts to ensure that data is stored, processed, and analyzed efficiently.
What you will do:
– Key Responsibilities would be to design, build, and maintain data pipelines using PySpark, ensuring data is collected, processed, and made available for analysis in a timely and efficient manner.
– Performing analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data.
– Filter Data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct code problems.
– Design, develop, and maintain data-centric software solutions using Python.
– Collaborate with data scientists and product owners to understand requirements and transform them into scalable data engineering solutions.
– Optimize data pipelines for performance, scalability, and reliability, working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
– Perform data quality assurance, validation, and debugging to ensure accurate and reliable results.
– Develop and maintain data ingestion processes from various sources (e.g., databases, APIs, flat files).
– Create and manage config-driven data transformation workflows, including data cleansing, aggregation, and enrichment.
– Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code.
– Collaborate within and across teams for knowledge sharing, code reviews and general tech synchronization.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
– 3+ Years of experience working as a Data Engineer.
– 3+ Years of experience working with Python.
– 1+ Years of experience working with SQL.
– 1+ Years of experience working with PySpark.
– 1+ Years of experience working with Databricks.
– Advanced English level.
What we offer:
– 💲 Competitive USD-based compensation.
– Birthday:🎂 1 day off to choose within the week of your birthday
– Maternity, Paternity, Sick & Bereavement leave😷.
– Marriage license:💍 4 days off.
– Vacations & Holidays:🌴 Covered according to the law of your country.
– December 24th and 31st:🎊 Days off to spend with family and loved ones.
– Holiday Swap:➡️ Move holidays to another date. We consider holidays all the national holidays of your country.
– Coworking:🏢 Spaces are available for you wherever you are.
– Annual Benefits: Access credits to spend on the categories you love the most, like entertainment, finances, education, healthcare, and more.
Ready to embark on an inspiring journey? Be a part of the Nearsure community today, access global opportunities, and take your tech career to the next level. 🚀🚀🆙🆙