Director Of Business Development (Remote)
Director Of Business Development | Change Recruitment | UK
Change Financial Services are supporting a leading retail bank in the recruitment of a Business Development Director. A key role as they continue to take SME and Owner Managed market share, this role will be key in winning new business and development relationships with a range of clients. The client is well established in the UK market and has a range of Whole Banking products to bring to clients, as well as new and innovative products to enable you to win and retain new business.
Applicants for the role will have a background in business development within Financial Services, ideally retail banking, and come with a ‘black book’ of contacts and connections to hit the ground running with.
The role will cover one of 3 core business areas in the UK; Scotland & NI, East of England, West of England & Wales, with core duties covering the below;
- Identification of new corporate and commercial clients in the SME and Sub £15m t/o category
- Business development and presentation of the banks key product offerings
- Demonstrating full banking relationship experience
- Understanding clients needs and creating a tailored, bespoke solution to not just win, but maintain the business
- Excellent grasp of retail banking regulations and being able to clearly explain these as part of the onboarding process
- Developing internal networks with product and relationship teams as you upskill your knowledge of the banks products and service offerings
- Proven background in winning new business within this sector and a proactivity and energy in getting out and engaging your prospective clients
In return the client will offer support and training on new to market banking products and wider sales support to enable you to attract and win business. Attractive and realistic sales targets and a comprehensive database to start your role from is provided, however and expectation to build and utilise this and your relationships further. Successful applicants will be able to talk about their wins within the SME and Smaller Corporate client space as well as your approach to business development and proactive engagement with prospects.
Base Locations: Scotland – Central Belt / East of England – Milton Keynes / West of England & Wales – Birmingham
Hybrid and Remote working pattern to suit regional engagement strategy
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Car