Disability Assessor Homebased (Remote)
Disability Assessor Homebased | IMmagIN Recruitment | UK
As a Home-based Disability Assessor, you will be conducting telephone and video consultations or completing initial reviews, paper-based reviews and gathering supporting information from claimants and those involved in their care. This role does require some occasional travel to consultation centres within the regional area.
Working Hours are flexible for you to choose between 8am and 6pm across 5 days a week Monday to Sunday.
Full and Part time opportunities available, part time working offered after 6 weeks fulltime Training commitment.
Nationwide locations. Basic Salaries from £35,000 – £42,000 per annum ote £38,500 – £46,200
In this varied role as a disability assessor, you will:
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence to produce a high-quality assessment report.
- Be the point of contact during the consultation stage for individuals with a wide range of health conditions and disabilities.
- Clinically evaluate all evidence from the claimant.
- Liaise with a range of clinical peers across the NHS and private healthcare sector, charities and support organisations to produce detailed reports and evaluate evidence from PIP claimants.
- Learn about a wide range of health conditions.
Were looking for qualified Nurse, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapist, Paramedics with clinical knowledge, experience and skills including:
- Broad-ranging clinical experience working with adults
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to draw on your experience as a clinical expert in your area
- General IT skills and an ability to type notes accurately during the consultation (30 words per minute).
Every case is different, and no two days are the same, so to thrive in this role as a disability assessor you will need to
- Have a minimum of 12 months experience as a Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist OR Paramedic
- Be NMC or HCPC registered
- Have a proven record of relevant Continual Professional Development (CPD).
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
- Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
- Life assurance, private medical insurance, and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual professional registration fee
- Health screening every two years (after one years service)
- Flexible benefits tailored to your needs including travel or dental insurance, cycle to work scheme and more
- A robust induction programme and ongoing training and peer support, enabling revalidation of your professional clinical registration
- Opportunities to progress into more senior positions across the business.
This is a great opportunity to advance your career as a Disability Assessor and enjoy a genuine work/life balance within a well-established organisation. Please apply now and a member of our team will be in touch within 24 hours with further information