Grace Christian University
Enrollment Advisor Online (Remote)
Enrollment Advisor Online | Grace Christian University | United States
Reports to: Director of Enrollment, Online
Department: Enrollment Online
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with degree and experience
The Enrollment Advisor’s responsibility is to recruit students, build relationships with outside parties, and promote the efficiency of the Enrollment Department. The Enrollment Advisor will participate in accountability and assessment for new recruiting initiatives.
- Recruit students for the online programs by contacting the incoming leads.
- Follow-up with prospective students throughout the enrollment process via various forms of communication (i.e. telephone, electronic, and mailings).
- Track incoming applicant paperwork for each scheduled cohort start date, and update, maintain, and provide reporting from the database and other systems and software used by the adult and online office.
- Communicate with other departments at Grace throughout the enrollment process regarding enrollment steps, paperwork, transcripts, military documents, etc.
- Assist with providing resources to collect documentation and follow-up with applicant to procure admission.
- Participate in appropriate professional development workshops and seminars as determined by the Vice President of Online Studies.
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge of the university educational programs and degrees.
- Participate in assessment creation, data tracking, and institutional effectiveness initiatives for the Online Enrollment Department.
- Build connections between Grace Christian University and community colleges/universities to create resources to benefit our transfer student population.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and demonstrate personal maturity and godliness, growing in conformity to the image of Christ.
- A genuine interest in the ongoing success of Grace Christian University and the support of the mission statement of “Graduating courageous ambassadors for Christ who make an eternal impact wherever they go.”
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field experience
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Sales experience; a plus
- Possess a working knowledge of computer applications.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently perform required technical tasks and learn new technology quickly.
- Skilled to communicate in a manner that is courteous, respectful, and professional.
- Ability to use cultural intelligence to interact effectively with a culturally diverse population and a variety of stakeholders, students, alumni, administrative staff, etc.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, void of jargon.
- Proven capabilities in establishing appropriate professional rapport with courtesy and tact; listening effectively and accurately to determine others’ needs; collecting necessary information; following through appropriately; and handling escalating situations with concern and confidence.
Customer Service Skills
- Skilled to deal effectively, respectfully, and professionally with people of culturally diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures.
- Capable of establishing appropriate, professional rapport with courtesy and tact.
- Equipped to listen attentively, for verbal and non-verbal ques to ensure accuracy for necessary information and to follow through appropriately, to make informed decisions, and to handle escalating situations with empathy.
- Skilled to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, collaboratively with others to come to a reasonable resolution.
- Capable of approaching new ideas or challenges with a sense of possibility, openness, and positivity with highest consideration for organizational priority.
- Must display the ability to be a team player, yet have the self-driven to work independently, take initiative, and perform with minimal supervision.
- Express genuine interest in the team’s well-being, and proactively model organizational customs, beliefs, and values.
- Travel is required as needed for meetings and presentations for various events/activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and use hands to type.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to Dr. Sherea Lacy at email@example.com and Megan Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org