Principal Financial Group
Experienced Software Engineer (Remote)
Experienced Software Engineer | Principal Financial Group | United States
Elevate by Principal is a fast-growing startup within Principal that is changing the way business owners solve their most pressing concerns. Our team is comprised of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about innovation and creativity. We are looking for a skilled software engineer to join our team and help us continue to build a revolutionary product.
As a front-end software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions for our product. You will work closely with our product development team to understand user requirements and translate them into technical specifications. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our software products are scalable, reliable, and efficient.
We are building a business owner ecosystem on top of the Salesforce platform and leveraging Salesforce Experience Cloud for the web front-end.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Solve problems and produce high quality solutions
- Collaborate often through pair and mob programming while being a member of an agile product team
- Interpret complex technical problems and translate them into clear, efficient, and engaging solutions
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the overall improvement of software development processes
- Work on development on the Salesforce platform
- Develop and share your passion for modern front-end technology with your team
- Provide on-call support when it is needed
Who You Are
We are looking for someone with:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field) or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of Salesforce development experience is required
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with both It and non-IT partners
- Experience building reusable React or web component patterns across applications/systems
Why join us:
- Opportunity to work on a groundbreaking product that will be a first to market business owner ecosystem
- Chance to work with a highly motivated and talented team
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Salary Range (Non-Exempt expressed as hourly; Exempt expressed as yearly)
$95200 – $182400 / year
This role offers in-office, hybrid (blending at least three office days in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements (only if residing more than 30 miles from Des Moines, IA, or Charlotte, NC). You’ll work with your leader to figure out which option may align best based on several factors.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Nonimmigrant Workers and Green Card for Employment-Based Immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we’re bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We will be accepting applications for at least 3 days from when the job was originally posted, after which we may keep open or remove the posting based upon applications we receive. Please submit applications in a timely manner as there is no guarantee the posting will be available beyond 3 days of the original posting date.
Original Posting Date
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag