Oxford Nanopore Technologies
Field Applications Scientist Genomics (Remote)
Field Applications Scientist Genomics | Oxford Nanopore Technologies | Germany
Oxford Nanopore Technologies is headquartered at the Oxford Science Park outside Oxford, UK, with satellite offices and a commercial presence in many global locations across the US, APAC and Europe.
Oxford Nanopore employs from multiple subject areas including nanopore science, molecular biology and applications, informatics, engineering, electronics, manufacturing and commercialisation. The management team, led by CEO Dr Gordon Sanghera, has a track record of delivering pioneering technologies to the market.
Oxford Nanopore’s sequencing platform is the only technology that offers real-time analysis, in fully scalable formats from pocket to population scale, that can analyse native DNA or RNA and sequence any length of fragment to achieve short to ultra-long read lengths. Our goal is to enable the analysis of any living thing, by anyone, anywhere!
We are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals to join the Technical Services team, as Field Applications Scientists covering specific region Europe Central & Nordics. This role will suit someone with a strong genomics background and a dedication to customer service and satisfaction. The role is to be based in Germany.
This exciting and ambitious role involves working within a cross-functional team to provide high-quality technical expertise, training and representation for ONT products. You will work to strengthen the company’s relationship with scientists to ensure the application of our products to their research.
You will assist customers in experimental design, product installation, use of wet and dry lab products, data analysis, and workflow implementation and validation, in collaboration with other internal and customer-facing teams!
Duties include, but are not limited to….
- Providing front-line applications support to customers on all aspects of the nanopore sequencing workflow for example, sample prep and sequencing
- Providing high quality technical expertise to customers
- Troubleshooting, learning and implementing new methods of identifying customer problems, uncovering their needs and suggesting working solutions based on our products
- Coordinating and delivering trainings at customer sites; attending conferences and Nanopore Days
- Working with the regional Technical Applications and Sales teams to provide support to strategic customer accounts
- Supporting the onboarding, certification and maintenance of Service Provider Accounts
- Recording and documenting all relevant information from customers and prospective customers into the CRM
- Onboarding and Mentoring junior members of the team
We’ll expect you to have….
- A PhD degree in a relevant field like Molecular Biology, Genetics, Life Sciences etc..
- A background of lab experience with knowledge and understanding of genetics, molecular biology, cell biology and related fields. In addition, theoretical knowledge and experience of novel experimental design, sample preparation methodologies, data analysis and biological phenomena interpretation.
- We would be looking for knowledge and experience on NGS platforms along with experience in presenting, teaching or training other scientists!
- Fluency in German and English is mandatory for this role.
- We expect technical competency to understand and clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge. Proficiency with data visualisation and analysis techniques is desirable but not essential!
- You should have an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. You will be an excellent troubleshooter and able to manage different priorities.
- Frequent travel (~70%) is a part of this role.
We offer outstanding benefits to include an attractive bonus, generous pension contributions, private healthcare and an excellent starting salary. Based within beautiful, landscaped surroundings with tree-lined walks, water features and a lake, all of which make for a wonderful working environment.
If you are looking to utilise your skills to really make a difference to humankind, then consider joining our team and apply today!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Oxford Nanopore’s goal is to bring the widest benefits to society through enabling the analysis of anything, by anyone, anywhere. The company has developed a new generation of nanopore-based sensing technology enabling the real-time, high-performance, accessible and scalable analysis of DNA and RNA. The technology is used in more than 100 countries to understand the biology of humans and diseases, plants, animals, bacteria, viruses and whole environments.
Oxford Nanopore was founded in 2005 as a spin-out from the University of Oxford and now employs over 1000 employees around the world.