Field Services Engineer (Remote)
Field Services Engineer | Trimble Inc. | United States
Job Location: Remote | United States
Our Department: Field Services Operations, N.A. Mobility, Transportation
What You Will Do
Manage the resolution of technical issues within the Trimble Mobility system and products by making product assessments in the field. This position will focus on hardware troubleshooting, install practices, customer training and relations, and 3rd party install quality control. Occasional installs or repairs will be required, but the primary focus will be to develop and implement improved field practices. The primary purpose of this position is to continuously improve the quality and performance of Trimble Mobility products and services and deliver satisfaction to unhappy customers.
- Receive technical product escalations from the Support team and other departments. Research these escalations and determine the appropriate steps for resolution.
- Document a complete but succinct explanation of the issue, including all relevant details.
- Provide updates and ETAs to the original owner, so they can update their customer.
- Be available for escalated support calls from field technicians during regular business hours
- Be available for urgent installation support during weekends and evenings if needed
- Provide summary information back to escalator once call is complete
- Travel to customer locations for onsite analysis of issues, installations, and repairs
- Complete trip reports for each visit
- Discussing issues with customers face to face
- Performing installation inspections and making recommended changes.
What Skills And Experience You Should Bring
- 1-year mechanical experience, or mechanical aptitude along with knowledge of the PeopleNet systems and hardware
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Troubleshooting Experience
- Attention to detail
- Able to travel within North America approx 40-70%
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Creative problem solving skills
- Data analytic skills with Power BI or DOMO
- Basic knowledge of process creation and management
About Our Transportation Sector
Trimble Transportation is in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers both mobility, enterprise and visibility software tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. As the leading provider of Transportation Management Software (TMS), Asset Management Software (AMS), and Fleet Management Software (FMS) we are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimize operations.
Trimble’s Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.
Trimble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace our
candidates’ diversity and take affirmative action to employ and advance individuals
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy (including
childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, marital status, genetic
information, and all other legally protected characteristics. We forbid discrimination and
harassment in the workplace based on any protected status or characteristic. A criminal
history is not an automatic bar to employment with the Company, and we consider
qualified applicants consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
The Company is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation for your job, contact