Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 (Avg. Est.)
Job Type: Other
We are the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system.
Freelance Health Writer (Remote)
Freelance Health Writer | Ro | USA |
Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As Freelance Health Writer, you’ll work as part of the Medical Content Team, producing high-quality material intended for the general public. You’ll help us make Health Guide—Ro’s digital publication—the go-to online resource for medical information.
Who are you? That’s a great question. You’re someone who believes in the power of medical journalism to shape the health of everyone around the world. You have a passion for communicating to people through the written word, and you’re talented at it. You know how to put pen to paper and come up with information that is empathetic, informative, and rigorously researched, yet easily understood. You may not know who is reading your articles, but you know they’re getting the answers they need in a direct and unbiased way.
What You’ll Do:
- Researching: Research topics in-depth while relying on scholarly resources for information.
- Writing: Write original copy while translating complex medical information into easily-digestible information. Articles are in the form of prose and get published on Health Guide. You will write articles on topics such as epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Check out some examples here, here, and here.
- Optimizing: All Health Guide articles are checked for medical accuracy and completeness by a Medical Content Manager. Health Writers work with a Medical Content Manager to optimize each article, add new information, make sure everything is well-cited, and include diagrams, images, charts, and other media as appropriate.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least one year of experience writing about medical topics for the general public
- This role is not appropriate for people who only have experience with non-medical writing, regulatory writing, writing for peer-reviewed journals, brochure writing, or creating slide decks
- Experience navigating PubMed
- Experience writing for SEO and familiarity with sites such as Ahrefs and Clearscope (a bonus, but not necessary)
- Ability to communicate complex scientific and medical information to the lay public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology
- Available to create between 3-5 pieces per week.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.