Generous paid time off including vacation, sick, and holidays.
Front-End Web Developer (Remote)
Front-End Web Developer | XPRIZE | USA |
XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of 1M people and rising. As a 501(c)3, XPRIZE delivers truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity and solves some of the world’s greatest challenges. Active competitions include the $100M XPRIZE Carbon Removal, the $11M XPRIZE Wildfire, the $15M XPRIZE Feed the Next Billion and the $10M XPRIZE Rainforest. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere. We operate across 7 incredible domains, including:
● Climate & Energy
● Biodiversity & Conservation
● Food, Water & Waste
● Quantum & Deep Tech
● Space & Exploration
● Learning, Innovation & Society
We are seeking an experienced front-end/user-experience developer to join our software engineering team. The successful candidate will be someone who has designed and built intuitive interfaces for web applications with focus on the user experience.
As a Front-End Developer, you can translate business requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. From your past experiences, you can demonstrate a deep understanding of agile development practices and ability to work remotely with an agile team. You strive to improve your skill set through self-initiated learning, feedback, and constructive
criticism. You are a professional with strong written and oral communication skills. You value lifelong learning, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
● Creating intuitive and interactive user experiences for new and existing web applications.
● Designing and developing high quality applications that adhere to current security standards.
● Applying the best agile patterns and practices throughout the software development process.
● Collaborating frequently with stakeholders to understand business requirements.
● Maintaining open and professional communication with your manager and team members.
● Working with other software developers on complex tasks and projects – many unique to our organization.
● Reviewing code of your peers and providing constructive feedback.
● Working together with our multimedia and marketing teams as needed.
● Actively listening to others and providing confirmation of understanding.
● Proactively finding ways to use time wisely for personal training, internal projects, and administrative tasks.
● Sharing knowledge with your team and assisting when others need help.
● 2+ yrs. professional experience using React or preferably Angular 9+.
● 1+ yrs. professional experience using C# and .NET (preferred but not required).
● Professional experience using 1 or more UX design tools like Figma, Adobe XD, or similar.
● Professional experience as a front-end software developer or full-stack developer with strong front-end skills.
● Collaborator that understands how your own work is important to the team’s success.
● Ability to multitask across different projects and timelines.
● Good knowledge of Scrum methodologies and practices.
● Working knowledge of object-oriented design, patterns, and practices.
● Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
● Desire to constantly learn and share new knowledge.
Personal Abilities and Characteristics
● Thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
● Outstanding ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within the organization.
● Inspiring leader by example, confident in abilities, but quick to acknowledge when lacking expertise in a specific functional area.
● Collaborative approach; appreciation and enjoyment of working as part of a team.
● Exceptional organizational abilities with aggressive attention to detail.
● Excellent prioritization and ability to multi-task.
● Consistent positive attitude, even during difficult challenges.
● Personable, professional, and approachable demeanor.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $90k to $120k and may also qualify for an annual incentive. This role is eligible for our extensive benefits package and generous paid time off including vacation, sick, and holidays. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors including the qualifications of the individual applicant, years of relevant experience for the role, level of education attained, and certifications and/or other licenses held. XPRIZE is a remote-first environment.
The XPRIZE FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to the XPRIZE FOUNDATION implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Talent Acquisitions representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checks.
When applying state you found this job on Pangian.com Remote Network.<!––END––> <!––This code is for all the links at the end of each job post 11/1/2018––>
⇓ Want more? ⇓
See 100+ New Remote Jobs