Health And Safety Advisor (Remote)
Health And Safety Advisor | Leo Xander | UK
Schedule: Full-Time/ Permanent
Location: Remote with travel to Midlands & North West
Salary: £40k – £45k + Company Vehicle
Leo Xander are hiring a Health and Safety Advisor to join our energy-efficiency client based in Fareham, delivering the ECO4 Scheme to households across the UK.
Our client has Specialised in energy efficiency measures for over a decade and is now a preferred tier 1 supplier to 3 of the big 6 energy companies in the UK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our client as a Health and Safety Advisor. We are seeking a candidate who has good relevant experience. The candidate will oversee all Health and Safety issues which arise, ensuring the company’s policies and procedures are conducted by all departments and sub-contractors under their remit. The role will cover all aspects of Health and Safety, on and off-site. They should be methodical, technically minded and an effective communicator with the ability to work in a team environment and under pressure.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations adhere to and are regularly reviewed, updated, and communicated as required.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, and welfare at work.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that planned and ad hoc safety inspections are conducted, including field visits to installers, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly completed & recorded, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are monitored and reviewed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all company Covid compliance procedures.
- Coordinate the maintenance and continuous development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures in conjunction with HR.
- Establish and maintain a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits, and checks.
- Consult with external health & safety consultants as required for the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Ensure that all agreed action points and Utility funding partner requests are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business with recommendations.
- Provide reports to the management group on relevant health and safety activities as may be required.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters in operations and all other parts of the business where required.
- Consult with suppliers i.e., Insurers, solicitors etc and on all H&S/training matters.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply
- Relevant NEBOSH (National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety)
- NCRQ (Desirable)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach
- Investigative mind
- Analytical and pragmatic & can demonstrate mature diligence based on previous
- A flexible approach to work
- Ability to conduct duties, make sound judgements in a result-orientated environment
For the right candidate, this could be a way to participate further in the operational aspects of the business and for personal growth.
What You Need To Do Now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Oliver @ Leo Xander for more info.
At Leo Xander, we prioritise the security of your personal information. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) empowers you with greater control over your data. By submitting an application to us, you agree to allow us to process your personal data for the purpose of our recruitment and selection process.
We handle the data categories you provided during the application process. The processing of your personal data is conducted in compliance with legal requirements. Within our company, the recipients of your personal data include the managers and consultants responsible for filling the position, as well as the HR colleagues involved.
Your application data is securely stored in our application tracking system called Recruit CRM. You have the option to request the removal of your data from this system at any time or request updates to your personal information. Throughout the recruitment process, we will maintain communication with you via email or phone to keep you informed of your progress. Additionally, your details may be considered in future searches for new positions, and we may contact you via email regarding such opportunities. We retain your data for the necessary period and limit its storage accordingly. For further information, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries regarding data protection or the processing of your personal data for personnel recruitment purposes, please contact the registered office of Leo Xander at the following address: Mercury House, 19-21 Chapel Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 3HN, United Kingdom.