$100/month telecom reimbursement | Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement.
Remote Customer Support Manager
Remote Customer Support Manager | HiringThing | Remote | USA | PST |
Customer Support Manager (Remote)
Apply for this Position
Position Type: Exempt, Full-time
Hours: Support hours span 6am-6pm PST, hours will be flexible to support the team as needed
Pay Rate: Depending on experience
Reports to: Director of Client Services
HiringThing is online software that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants and hire great employees. We were founded in 2012 with the mission to deliver intuitive, easy-to-use recruiting software across multiple sales channels and product types.
HiringThing operates in a startup environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build a new company. This is a remote position, so team members will thrive in a work from home environment. Our team stays connected through daily communication and regular video calls.
HiringThing is seeking a full-time, remote Customer Success Manager with a technical background to provide support to our users and customers in accordance with our customer support philosophy and guidelines. Our support philosophy is encapsulated by our tag line Support Beyond Compare™. To expand on this, we aim to consistently deliver friendly, effective, knowledgeable, and timely support to our clients. We strive to provide a solution that results in Hiring Happiness™ the first time around. Technical skills required include a deep understanding of the operating systems, relevant software, problem-solving skills and a focus on quality. This position requires a curious attitude and the ability and desire to search out and find answers on your own when you need them.
You will have internal and external resources at your fingertips to help you answer customer inquiries and solve issues knowledgeably. While our mascot is a robot, we are strongly opposed to the type of robo-support some companies employ that crafts an impersonal and suboptimal customer experience. So, what we won’t do is make you follow a script or dictate exactly how each customer inquiry is to be handled. Use our guidelines and your own discernment in answering customer inquiries, keeping our philosophy first and foremost in your actions.
Below is a list of core, initial responsibilities associated with this position. This list is subject to expansion based on the Customer Success Manager’s interest, aptitudes, and performance. We support each employee’s growth in their individual role and help each person maximize their fulfillment in their role.
- Effectively manage the Customer Success team responding to high volumes of support phone calls, tickets, and/or chats submitted via email or through our support portal.
- Provide consistently friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and timely support to clients in escalated situations.
- Build relationships with the Customer Success team through open and honest communication.
- Handle complaints effectively, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Excel at training new team members and coaching growth of existing team members.
- Keep accurate records of customer support interactions using defined methods and tools.
- Communicate with clients and prospects using the correct branding (we offer our software under multiple brand names).
- Assist Customer Success Team with incoming customer support tickets.
- Ability to write knowledge base support articles for external clients and internal database
- Establish best practices for leading-edge support.
- Evaluate current ticketing system and structure; research new and improved systems and team structure.
- Implement metrics to evaluate team performance and improvement.
- In collaboration with Director of Client Services, develop a plan to improve NPS scores.
- Provide detailed, recorded training to clients.
- Periodic client health checks.
- Outreach of at risk clients in collaboration with Director of Client Services.
- Grow customer lifetime value by earning the status of trusted advisor.
- Actively use each customer interaction as an opportunity to deliver Hiring Happiness™.
- Seek out and implement continuous improvement with a goal of always providing cutting edge support beyond compare™.
- 7+ years of Customer Support experience, minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position.
- You have excellent communication and active listening skills.
- You excel in your attention to detail.
- You quickly learn new software.
- Flexibility and adaptability are your middle name.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, most importantly Excel.
- You know how to prioritize, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities.
- Working independently and problem-solving fit in your back pocket.
- You have proven strong customer support experience.
- Familiar with HTML and CSS stylesheets.
- Experience with customer support Ticketing software.
- You are familiar with both Windows and Mac OS based operating systems.
- Your knowledge of all major web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge) is proficient.
- If you have knowledge of API integration it is helpful.
- If you have knowledge of Atlassian Jira/Confluence it is helpful.
Who You Are
- You are comfortable with technology.
- You have a curious nature and enjoy seeking answers through research.
- Self-motivation is your strength.
- You are Passionate about providing solutions-focused support.
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with Roth and Standard options
- Ability to work remotely
- Opportunity to have impact in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Unlimited Flexible PTO time
- 8 paid holidays
- Opportunity for professional development
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you.
Location: Chicago, IL