Website Apartment Therapy Media
We connect people to the resources they need to improve their homes, while reducing their reliance on stuff.
Home Assistant Editor (Remote)
Home Assistant Editor | Apartment Therapy Media | USA |
Apartment Therapy Media helps people live happily and healthily in their homes. Since Maxwell Ryan founded Apartment Therapy in 2004, it has become an award-winning authority of design inspiration and real-life home solutions while Kitchn has earned its place as the go-to resource for home cooks looking to plan and prep better meals for their families. Together, the two sites reach over 650 million people every month across all platforms and have more than 100 people working in both our sunny NYC office and around the US.
Apartment Therapy is seeking an Assistant Editor to support our home verticals. This position can be located at our headquarters in Soho, NYC, or it can be remote. The role will report to Apartment Therapy’s Home Director.
- Manage daily before/after posts: sourcing, building, writing, and developing social promotion plans
- Pitch and write approximately 5 posts a week for the home verticals (style, home projects, house tours)
- Work with the managing editor/home director to complete invoice paperwork, ensuring all freelancers are paid in a timely manner
- Assist with the production of daily house tours, including building in our content management system
- Build and produce daily style and home projects stories, as needed, including designer outreach and photo research
- Coordinate original makeovers for Apartment Therapy, calling in products as needed for photo shoots
- Assist the Home Director on the execution of larger tentpoles and projects
- Appear in Apartment Therapy videos and attend press events as needed
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in digital media or publishing (internships count!)
- A demonstrated interest in home/design content
- Experience with web analytics (like Google Analytics) and CMS a plus
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and adjust strategy and execution in the face of new information
Apartment Therapy Media is an equal opportunity employer that works to foster diversity and inclusion. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, orientation, religion, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.