Human Capital Senior Generalist (Remote)
Human Capital Senior Generalist | RemoteWorker US | United States
What You’ll Be Doing
Looking for an opportunity where you’ll make an impact on the employee experience? As a Human Capital Senior Generalist, you’ll have a special focus on FMLA, ADA, and general leave management practices. With this role, you will have the responsibility of leading efforts to revamp TTEC’s end to end leave management practices to improve leave utilization and establish a strong partnership with TTEC’s leave management vendor. You’ll also partner with operations and human capital as a trusted advisor to deliver a high level of customer service to employees along with implementing and advising on policies, processes, benefits, and responding to employee relations issues.
You’ll report to the Director of Human Capital. You’ll make an impact on the employee experience and support the business through building partnerships, a welcoming environment for questions, ideas and concerns.
During a Typical Day, You’ll
- Gather and analyze information to improve processes and business performance
- Implement compliance with local human resource laws and regulations
- Provide support to various departments and manage multiple tasks to minimize employment claims
- Serve as subject matter expert for FMLA, ADA, and general leave inquiries
- Ensure compliance with local human resources laws and regulations
- Act as HC support for ADA requests
- Conduct confidential investigations and handle termination actions
- Maintain timely and accurate employee data in the Oracle database
What You Bring To The Role
- 3 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Understanding of Employment Relations law and Enterprise Bargaining Agreement
- Strong knowledge of FMLA, ADA, and other general leave practices
- Strong knowledge of local employment laws and regulations
- Strong attention to detail and desire to follow procedures
- High customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of database applications such as Oracle and MS Office, or ability to learn
What You Can Expect
- An annual incentive program
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Tax-advantaged health care accounts
- Financial and income protection benefits
- Paid time off (PTO) and wellness time off
- Tuition reimbursement and access to thousands of free online courses
Visit for more information.
The anticipated range is $52,000 – $75,000. Actual compensation offers to a candidate may vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill levels.
Our business is about making customers happy. That’s all we do. Since 1982, we’ve helped companies build engaged, pleased, profitable customer experiences powered by our combination of humanity and technology. On behalf of many of the world’s leading iconic and hypergrowth brands, we talk, message, text, and video chat with millions of customers every day. These exceptional customer experiences start with you.
TTEC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. TTEC embraces and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that respects and empowers the cultures and perspectives within our global teams. We aim to reflect the communities we serve, by not only delivering amazing service and technology, but also humanity. We make it a point to make sure all our employees feel valued, belonging, and comfortable being their authentic selves at work. As a global company, we know diversity is our strength because it enables us to view things from different vantage points and for you to bring value to the table in your own unique way.