Website Kanopi Studios
Insightful strategy, design, development & support
Remote Sr Website Project Manage
Remote Sr Website Project Manage | Kanopi Studios | Remote | USA |
Senior Website Project Manager / Producer – Remote
REMOTE · United States · Project Management
As a Senior Website Project Manager, you’ll work alongside a team of talented experts to deliver high-quality digital materials for a diverse range of clients. You’ll be responsible for leading the charge and guiding clients through their entire project lifecycle; from kickoff to launch, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing timelines and budgets, as well as collaborating with UX/UI Designers and Developers.
You will take responsibility for the day-to-day execution of client project solutions for academic institutions, nonprofits, and large and small businesses. You will report to the Director of Project Management and will be empowered to collaborate with peers and senior management to enhance processes, provide thoughtful and purposeful feedback on deliverables, collaborate on strategic decisions made by the Kanopi team throughout client engagements, and overall ensure the work produced is of quality, on target and polished.
Please note: you must have worked at at-least two Digital/Website Agencies as a Project Manager/Producer to apply for this job. Drupal/WordPress experience preferred. Due to the volume of inquiries, we are unable to respond to unqualified candidates.
Project/Practice Management Responsibilities
- Create and execute project plans, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Apply waterfall, agile, or a hybrid of both methodologies to deliver high-quality deliverables
- Generate actionable and detailed tasks for both internal and client teams, and diligently following up to ensure the project and budget are not compromised
- Review all deliverables prepared by team, ensuring they meet project and business goals before presenting to clients
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project including, but not limited to:
- Identifying, flagging and minimizing or eliminating any potential for risk to the project and Kanopi
- Establishing and maintaining timelines in accordance with project framework
- Tracking hours usage and forecasting needed resources for future work
- Managing expectations and eliminating assumptions with internal resources, as well as client team members
- Ensuring project deliverables are complete, of quality, current, and stored appropriately
- Work with clients and Kanopi resources to gather project requirements, determine estimates and draft SOWs
- Collaborate with technical leads to identify resources and assign individual responsibilities
- Make strategic internal decisions to ensure the delivery of polished, well-executed, and detailed deliverables
- Remove ambiguity and blockers, and motivate the project team to make smart decisions regarding the execution of their deliverables
- Assist with proposal efforts including project scoping, level of effort assessments and project plan development
- Identify areas of scope creep, building plans for Change Orders as necessary
- Identify business development and “add-on” sales opportunities, such as support contracts or additional phases of new scope
- Work to build positive and trusting relationships with client teams
Project Accounting and Financial Management Responsibilities
- Ensure timeline and budget accountabilities are appropriately transparent; shifts to either are documented and the appropriate course of action is taken
- Build and execute detailed project plans, indicating client and internal responsibilities and accountability
- Understand the internal team’s needs throughout the project life cycle, acting as an advocate for their efforts and coordinating support
- Ensure internal reviews and revisions of deliverables are properly managed for team success
- Utilize resources efficiently, queuing work in accordance with project timeline and resource availability
- Distill and communicate internal team needs to the client in an organized way
- Review scope of work and strategize (with team collaboration as appropriate) how to best use the budget to execute a successful project
- Provide sound and anticipatory project organization, articulation, and assumptions as needed for sales proposals
- Ensure proper checkpoints are in place for budget validation throughout the project life cycle (i.e. ensuring developers are reviewing UX and designs effectively)
- Take responsibility for logging accurate time against projects in a timely manner
- Track and report team hours and project expenses internally and in a client-friendly format as appropriate
- Communicate estimated vs. actual hours to Management Team
- Monitor and manage project budget
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections, and make decisions accordingly
- Proactively identify, advocate, and act on areas for internal and process improvement
- Grow long-lasting partner relationships with clients
- Create clearly-written communication documents and disseminate recaps, meeting notes, and agendas for client calls to ensure there is a paper trail of needs, blockers, risks, decisions, changes in scope, and approvals
- Provide a strong voice of reason and leadership during difficult or complex project negotiations
- Participate in team and client meetings effectively and efficiently
- Keep project teams well informed of project changes, and changes within the organization that affect daily operations
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to management
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolve and/or escalate project concerns in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and effectively
- Be the key subject matter expert of your project’s scope – ensure the team is neither communicating nor building in out-of-scope options unintentionally as if they were in-scope
- Be able to clearly articulate technical challenges or limitations when communicating with client team, in a way that is easily understood by those with limited expertise
Website Development Understanding
- Possess an understanding of web development and user experience design
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and industry best practices to potentially be applied on client engagements
- Understand the abilities and limitations of industry standard technologies at a high level
We know lists of technical requirements can be overwhelming. We’re looking for candidates who care about doing good work for clients and leading strong teams. If this position sounds good to you, but you’re unsure if your skills are in complete alignment, we encourage you to apply.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.