Lead Typescript Developer (Remote)
Lead Typescript Developer | Braintrust | United States
Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
- JOB TYPE: Contract/Freelance (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – Work from anywhere (Time Zone: EST | Partial overlap)
- SALARY RANGE: $65-$85 /hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long term
- EXPERIENCE: 10+ years
- BRAINTRUST JOB ID: 8384
- Strong proficiency in Typescript.
- A deep understanding of React.js, with at least three years of experience.
- At least ten years working in front-end development.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (Flux).
- Experience with Next.js
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
- Strong English skills are required.
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for performance benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with the Git Flow branching strategy
- Bitbucket, and CICD Pipelines
What You’ll Be Working On
We are looking for a lead Typescript developer who is an expert with React.js and Next.js. A deep understanding of React.js, Next.js, and Flux state management is required.
Your primary responsibilities will include developing new features, refactoring and optimizing the current application, and debugging any bugs identified in application monitoring tools. Experience working with design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Invision is important, as we want to implement pixel-perfect designs.
You will ensure that these components and the application are robust, easy to maintain, and well-documented. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different application layers such as design, API, and infrastructure.
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, excellent remote communication, and code quality are essential traits. This person would be a leader, so we would like them to have at least ten years working on front-end development and three years working with React.js.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Optimize and refactor the existing application.
- Debug bugs found in application monitoring tools.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Writing clean CSS/SASS with as little duplication and overriding as possible
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.