Website Apartment Therapy Media
We connect people to the resources they need to improve their homes, while reducing their reliance on stuff.
Lifestyle Editor (Remote)
Lifestyle Editor | Apartment Therapy Media | USA |
Apartment Therapy Media helps people live happily and healthily in their homes. Since Maxwell Ryan founded Apartment Therapy in 2004, it has become an award-winning authority of design inspiration and real-life home solutions while Kitchn has earned its place as the go-to resource for home cooks looking to plan and prep better meals for their families. Together, the two sites reach over 650 million people every month across all platforms and have more than 100 people working in both our sunny NYC office and around the US.
The Apartment Therapy Lifestyle Editor reports into the lifestyle director, overseeing the vertical operations of the “Living” section, which includes content about family, pets, wellness, green living, entertaining, personal finance, and more topics about life at home. This position can be remote or based in our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
- Own, develop, and direct, in coordination with the Lifestyle Director, the voice and vision for the living section
- Run the Living vertical: assigning, editing, or writing a total of approximately 60 pieces of content a month
- Develop and run series, columns, and franchises in the Living vertical
- Oversee the Living freelance vertical budget
- Appear in videos, serving as an on-camera teacher for our audience
- Attend industry and press events
- Cultivate a network of lifestyle freelance writers and experts
- Work with the art director to illustrate Living content
- Monitor traffic, drive growth, and develop Living content in both social and search spaces, pushing toward monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals
- Develop content by platforms, including SEO, Pinterest, Flipboard, Facebook, etc.
- Collaborate with the social media team to bring Living content to life across platforms
- Assist the lifestyle director and other team members in running larger franchises, tentpoles, and packages throughout the year
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in digital media or publishing
- Subject-matter experience within the home/lifestyle realm
- A passion for understanding and learning about trends and what’s changing about how people live at home.
- Stellar reporting, fact checking, and editing skills
- Experience in managing and editing freelancers
- Skilled in concepting, acquiring, and packaging content
- Experience in editing stories for accuracy, service, and voice
- Experience in web analytics: Google Analytics, Parse.ly, etc.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and adjust strategy and execution in the face of new information
Apartment Therapy Media is an equal opportunity employer that works to foster diversity and inclusion. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, orientation, religion, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.