Salary: Competitive Salary
Job Type: Full time
Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment.
Long Term Care Project Manager (Remote)
Long Term Care Project Manager | Altarum | USA |
The Delivery System Transformation team has roots in designing and facilitating policy change, and in leveraging policy to help create broad public commitment to high-quality care. As a Project Manager III, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing expertise and direction to our state contracts and supporting leadership in expanding upon our growing portfolio of state-based Medicaid waivers and home and community-based efforts. Work responsibilities will include butare not limited to providing direction and support to DST’sMedicaid-based state improvement and refinement projects, supporting continued DST growth through targeted capture and business development efforts, and providing expertise and project direction to our federal, state, and other partners. A successful candidate will also supervise team members and support their continued professional development. This position is remote.
- Provide Medicaid policy and process expertise on current state projects
- Provide leadership and direction for our state-based Medicaid waivers and home and community-based portfolio and lead portions of the strategic growth plan.
- Work independently with little supervision and the ability to work and communicate effectively in a virtual team environment
- Understand and synthesize data and communicate analysis into simple language for clients and other audiences.
- Oversee environmental scans and literature reviews in accordance with scope and supportive to recommendation development for our state partners
- Conduct training and facilitation activities for state and local program staff and providing technical assistance to program managers to improve program operations and outcomes
- Ability to translate assessment and evaluation findings into practical recommendations or tools for client’s use.
- Develop work products from start to finish while maintaining a consistently high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks.
- Ensure that deliverables meet project requirements, e.g., analytical type project tasks are executed within budget, scope, and schedule.
- Manage risks and report status and completion of tasks to clients and stakeholders.
- Create materials/power points for public presentation (publications or presentations)
- Supervise and support the continued professional development of team members
- 6+ years of relevant Project/Program Management desired
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Psychology, Social Sciences, Education, or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated interest in working to improve the care delivery system for older adults and individuals with disabilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience with state Medicaid programs, including long-term service and supports and home and community-based waiver programs
- Proven track record for structuring design, refinement, and development of Medicaid waivers and state plan amendments
- Strong project management skills and ability to plan, organize, manage, and prioritize work across multiple projects
- Experience providing action-oriented and engaging training
- Ability to gather and analyze available data/information and draw logical conclusions.
- Understanding of intersection of the Medicaid and Medicare payment structures and policy
- Exceptional high-level of organization and attention to detail
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to organize and articulate findings, prepare and conduct presentations and facilitate group discussion
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team including researchers, research analysts, systems analysts, programmers, and key stakeholders (including Medicaid beneficiaries and their caregivers).
- Proven track record leading, thinking strategically, innovating, acting with integrity, and exceeding client expectations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to work with others, frequently across multiple office locations
- Demonstrated ability to lead successful state-based proposals ranging from capture to RFP strategy development, team development, proposal writing, budget planning, and award receipt
- Experience writing and reviewing substantive sections of contract proposals as well as providing input to budgets and other facets of proposals /pursuing new business opportunities through networking and other avenues
- Direct state Medicaid experience
- Strong understanding of the (general) Medicaid assessment and eligibility process
- Knowledge of various continuous quality improvement frameworks and processes.
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship.
- Our organization requires that all work, for the duration of your employment, must be completed in the continental U.S. unless required by contract.
- If you are local to our offices in Arlington, Silver Spring, Ann Arbor, or Portland this role will be hybrid.
- Must be able to work during eastern time unless approved by your manager.
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
When applying state you found this job on Pangian.com Remote Network.<!––END––> <!––This code is for all the links at the end of each job post 11/1/2018––>
⇓ Want more? ⇓
See 100+ New Remote Jobs