Manager Installation Service Position (Remote)
Manager Installation Service Position | Westlake | United States
The Manager of Installation Services will serve as the subject matter expert for product installation for Westlake Royal Building Products (WRBP). This position will be responsible for the management and development of the Installation Services team, installation collateral, and installation training programs. The Installation Services team provides product and installation support and resources for all customers, internal and external. This position is remote.
Supervises the Installation Specialist team for North America.
Duties And Responsibilities
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for creating the strategies for providing product and installation support and training across North America
- Develops and maintains an effective installation team through recruiting, hiring and training
- Develops an effective team through professional leadership, coaching, training and support.
- Cultivates a culture committed to high-quality work, timeliness and professional service
- Responsible for training installation specialist team on installation practices, training techniques and product knowledge for all WRBP products
- Responsible for creating and maintaining installation collateral for all products, including written and video materials
- Use CAD programs and design software to create images and installation details used in written collateral and special installation scenarios for internal and external customers as required
- Responsible for developing installation training programs, live installation seminars, and associated documentation for the installation specialist team to use with customers
- Review complex projects and scenarios in order to provide creative, effective solutions for WRBP and customers
- Monitor advances in construction techniques and practices in order to recommend new technologies and techniques for all WRBP products.
- Actively engage with product management, research and development, engineering, and customers in order to provide expertise for products throughout their life cycle
- Engage with product marketing teams to create a cohesive look and voice for all installation collateral
- Oversight of Salesforce Lightning Scheduler for effective scheduling of the installation specialists
- Provide feedback to Product Management, R&D, engineering and quality about product defects, design issues, potential product enhancements and new ideas that solve pain points during installation.
- Manage the Technical Services customer support voicemail system. Answer or delegate technical support voicemails on a daily basis to ensure effective, timely technical support for external customers.
- Collaborate with Customer Care as needed to support warranty claims and customer complaints
- Work closely with marketing teams for preparation of displays for trade shows as needed
- Up to 50% travel required; mostly domestic, some international (Canada)
Education, Experience And Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of exterior wall construction practices and exterior wall covering installation processes
- Knowledge of standard building practices
- Proven ability to lead cross functional and specialized teams
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentations skills
- Possess strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple project assignments
- Proven ability to interact and communicate with persons of various backgrounds and knowledge levels in order to promote products, proper installation practices and diffuse tense situations
- Advanced knowledge and skill with CAD software programs such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.
- Skilled mechanical abilities
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend technical documents such as: installation instructions, architectural blueprints, construction plans, product specifications and building codes
- Technical writing experience in creating work instructions, installation instructions and training documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet have the ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of experience with construction, building materials, building science or related fields
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Autocad, Solidworks and/or other drafting/modeling platforms. Experience with video/audio editing a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units and job sites which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel and auto travel is required.
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.