Website Pro Job
401(k) with company match | $500 enrichment stipend | Paid maternity and paternity leave | Generous vacation | co-working space subsidy | 100% paid medical, dental and vision employee & dependents | & more! |
Remote Travel Rewards Expert and Writer
Remote Travel Rewards Expert and Writer | NerdWallet | Remote | USA |
Travel Rewards Expert and Writer
NerdWallet is looking for someone with credit cards knowledge, specializing in travel rewards programs and credit card points and miles.
As the credit cards rewards expert and writer, you will help take our content to the next level by providing consumers with actionable tips and expert advice to maximize travel rewards and use credit cards effectively. You are well-versed in earning and redeeming credit card rewards, especially when it comes to travel, and showcase this expertise through an engaging and fun writing style.
Occasionally, you will work directly with our in-house PR team to secure media opportunities with online and offline media, or fill-in for our full-time spokesperson.
The position also requires strong consumer orientation and business/social media savvy. You’ll report directly to the Assigning Editor for Travel.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help NerdWallet’s 100M+ annual visitors maximize their credit card rewards and navigate the complex systems of points, miles and loyalty programs with clear, precise and engaging articles.
- Share your passion for travel rewards with cross-functional teams, ensuring topics and emerging trends are thoughtfully integrated into content, business and PR/marketing strategies.
- Write ~10 stories per week. Measure and report on traffic and key metrics to inform execution.
- Identify and share credit card industry insights and timely/relevant ideas to support social, email, PR strategy and syndication channels.
- Fill in as needed for NerdWallet’s publicly facing spokesperson for travel and credit cards, occasionally interacting with media daily and collaborating with PR on news moments.
- Obsessed with all things credit card rewards like points/miles/cash back, using credit card rewards to save money on travel and ways to travel smarter.
- Excellent at time management, prioritization and handling multiple projects at once
- Scrappy and fast-paced, with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A versatile writer who truly enjoys helping consumers navigate credit card rewards
- A strong communicator who is able to confidently interact with top-tier media via email, phone or in-person meetings, often on short notice
- Able to spot credit cards/travel rewards trends and develop a unique point of view that you are able to break down for consumers in your articles.
- Able to quickly understand breaking-news cycles, and relay key consumer takeaways
- In the know about key players in the space and their offerings, value prop and differentiators.
- Someone who understands social media and how interactions with key influencers help build credibility.
- Expert knowledge of loyalty and rewards programs, and credit card trends
- 3+ years as a credit cards/travel rewards writer or editor
- 3+ years of journalism experience in a daily deadline environment
- An understanding of social media best practices and etiquette
- CMS-savvy (WordPress experience preferred)
- Familiar with AP style
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend toward learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked with snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
- Remote: ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.