Network Operations Manager (Remote)
Network Operations Manager | ABM Industries | United States
Pay: $140,000 – $160,000
The pay listed is the salary range for this position. Any specific offer will vary based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
You may be eligible to participate in a Company incentive or bonus program.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Staff & Management
- Service oriented mindset, strong organizational capabilities for running multiple highly technical projects and support activities across a large and complex environment.
- Process creation experience aligning workflow with a support focus to improve the network experience for ABM team members.
- Documentation creation experience – businesses cases, network diagrams, persuasive and technical documentation
- Ensure the stable operation of the corporate enterprise network including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware & software.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of their team making sure everyone is contributing appropriately, distributing the workload evenly while ensuring motivation and performance levels are maintained.
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words. Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Encourage creativity, responsible risk-taking, & constant improvement amongst the team. Recognize & celebrate team & team member accomplishments & exceptional performance. Intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues.
- Strong Client Service focus, ability to communicate with both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Communicate clear instructions to team members & hold them accountable to goals & objectives.
- Provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues and progress toward goals.
- Communicate to business clients, technical teams and management in a consistent manner making complex technical issues and solutions clear, simple and understandable.
- Leads a team that provides level 3 support for client issues that cannot be resolved by other support tiers.
- Manage vendor relationships and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Provide capacity, performance, uptime and security reporting as requested. Implement industry best practices in terms of availability planning, security, scalability, and change management.
- Ensure team member growth by actively communicating career progression and training plans as well as monthly status meetings with each team member.
- 1+ Years of experience as a leader in Information Technology
- 5+ Years of experience in Network Engineering
- Experience with ServiceNow or another industry standard ticketing and change control system
- Metrics focus when it comes to improving customer service and providing insight into performance metrics
- Experience troubleshooting Network & Infrastructure issues
- History of Excellent Client Service Skills (communications & relationship management)
- Experience running multiple large technical projects simultaneously
- Communicates well both verbally and non-verbally
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively and with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical deliverables
- Experience administering monitoring solutions such as SolarWinds Orion
- Experience in the implementation & support of Cisco Networking Technologies, specifically:
- Cisco Data Center (Nexus, Routing, WAN, SD-WAN)
- Cisco Campus Technologies
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent experience
- Project Management and/or ITIL experience
- BS or BA degree in networking, telecommunications or information systems or equivalent experience
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries
- Ability to understand and comply with ABM guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines