National Accident Law
Personal Injury Litigator (Remote)
Personal Injury Litigator | National Accident Law | UK
PERSONAL INJURY LITIGATOR – RTA AND NON-RTA
At National Accident Law, our purpose is to help those who have had a personal injury get their lives back on track.
We work differently to handle compensation claims in a modern, imaginative, and refreshingly personal way and we have curious minds that which shape and drive innovation in accident injury law.
Our business and our people have our values in common; Passionate, Curious, Driven and Unified, and because of this we have a culture that is kind, supportive, fun and inclusive.
National Accident Law is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it, come and find out for yourself.
We are keen to hear from experienced RTA and non-RTA Litigators, with experience in managing a caseload of litigated cases.
This is a remote role, with occasional travel to our Kettering HQ required.
THE PURPOSE OF THE PERSONAL INJURY LITIGATOR ROLE
As Personal Injury Litigator you will be responsible for all cases that drop out of the MOJ portal and some Multi Track cases from inception, assessing liability and taking a pro-active approach to litigation where necessary. You will be responsible for managing the process efficiently, whilst securing the maximum win for both the consumer and the business.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AS LITIGATOR
- Utilise your advanced knowledge to progress pre-issue claims into litigation as quickly as possible.
- Work closely with all other teams, ensuring a smooth handover for the client.
- Draft particulars of claim and all other documentation required for case progression, professionally and accurately.
- Understand the process for fast and multi-track claims, being able to maximise revenue dependant on track.
- Have the ability to meet strict court deadlines.
- Be well versed with CPR rules and relevant case law.
- If required, attend conferences, hearings and CMCs.
- Be responsible for the instructing of Counsel or experts.
- Provide support for other teams where necessary and act as a referral point for more complex queries.
- Be responsible for file closure decisions, ensuring files are closed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Personalise every interaction with the consumer, ensuring empathy and understanding are expressed at all times.
- Listen and assess the consumers’ case, supporting them through the latter stages of their claim.
- Retain consumer engagement through the provision of informed advice, demonstrating technical know-how.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our market to ensure knowledge and skills remain fit for purpose.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Experience of handling non-portal claims from either a Claimant or Defendant perspective
- Ability to handle a mixed caseload of denied and admitted claims.
- Proven ability to handle own caseload, adhering to strict SLAs.
- Experience of managing risk to make commercially sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of analysing and interpret information to make decisions.
- Strong IT competence
- Excellent customer service skills
AND HERE ARE SOME OF THE PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD FIT THIS ROLE AND FIT OUR BUSINESS
- Confident and capable decision-maker
- Attention to detail
- Analytically minded
- Driven for the right result
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer 25 days holiday, a contributory pension and a healthcare scheme with Simply Health. We have regular communication events, yearly award ceremonies and we have achieved Gold standard for Investors in People.
You can find out more about us at www.national-accident-law.co.uk.
We look forward to hearing from you!