Principal Consultant (Remote)
Principal Consultant | CrowdStrike | Australia
About The Role
As a Principal Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering both reactive and proactive services engagements in the Asia Pacific and Japan region. As the Leading consultant for cloud Incident response engagements, you will be responsible for assisting our clients in identifying, responding to, and containing attacker activity in their AWS, Azure, and/or GCP environments, as well as improving the team’s incident response capabilities by contributing to and spearheading automation projects.
You will be a member of a highly collaborative industry leading team that thrives on the daily challenges of stopping breaches from the world’s most sophisticated adversaries. This is an individual contributor, senior technical consulting role that requires hands-on technical expertise and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders. This person should be capable of supporting, managing, and mentoring less experienced team members.
The right candidate will possess excellent energy and drive and a real desire to help organisations respond to security incidents. The ability to work in a high stress, high pressure situation is a must as well as the ability to work together with the team around the APJ region. Candidates with a consulting background in cloud forensics, incident response, and cyber security are encouraged to apply.
- Lead cloud incident response engagements.
- Manage projects and perform forensic analysis on incident response engagements involving Azure, AWS, or GCP data
- Manage projects and perform analysis on technical assessments looking for evidence of compromise and/or security misconfigurations in Azure, M365, AWS, or GCP
- Manage projects and deliver adversary simulation (purple team) exercises in Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Advise organizations while they respond to threat actor activity targeting cloud environment.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations, recommendations, and findings to customer management.
- Present technical material to non-technical and technical audiences
- Demonstrate industry thought leadership through blog posts, CrowdCasts, and other public speaking events.
Experience Skills And Qualifications
- Understanding of how security is applied in the major three cloud platforms, AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, or GCP incident response methodologies
- Familiarity with how modern workloads work in the cloud – DevOps, CICD pipelines, containers, functions, etc. and related security defences and pitfalls
- Understanding of Cloud Based attacks and tactics used by the Threat Actors to target the three major cloud platforms
- Knowledge of evidence availability in Cloud and understanding to acquire and perform analysis on the same
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Ability to write and present technical content, including being able to present to senior executives
- Following certifications preferred but not required GIAC Cloud Forensics Responder (GCFR) or similar
Benefits Of Working At CrowdStrike
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards with option to participate in ESPP in eligible countries
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Access to CrowdStrike University, LinkedIn Learning and Jhanna
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
- Birthday time-off in your local country
- Work with people who are passionate in our mission and Great Place to Work certified across Asia Pacific
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com , for further assistance.