Website Leggett & Platt
We enhances people’s lives worldwide by designing and manufacturing innovative, distinctive products and components for use in bedding, furniture, seating, homes, offices, airplanes, and automobiles.
Project Manager (Remote)
Project Manager | Leggett & Platt | USA |
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Program Manager within our Program Management team to help support our Adjustable Bed business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
*Prefer someone within driving distance of Carthage, MO for occasional office visits*
As a Program Manager you will have the opportunity to define the scope, critical success factors, and launch timelines of the project. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by collaborating with Sales, Product Development, Operations, and Supply Chain. The team you will be working with is hard-working, driven, and goal-oriented, and values hard working, dedicated problem solvers.
At this point, you’re probably thinking, this sounds great, right?! But wait there’s more. We’re proud of the fact that we are strongly rooted in being an inclusive, people-focused organization. Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you’ll fit right in.
So, what will you be doing as a Program Manager?
• Defines the timeline, and scope of the project in collaboration with Sales,
• Product Development, Operations, and Supply Chain, including but not limited to chartering, scoping, timeline development, team meetings, gate reviews, status reporting, issue resolution, and risk mitigation.
• Monitors the progress of the project using the appropriate tools and project management techniques and make changes as necessary.
• Establishes a communication schedule to update stakeholders and management in the organization on the progress of the project.
• Reviews the action items/tasks, and deliverables with the project team on a regular basis to ensure it meets the project standards and customer requirements.
• Ensures that all project information is appropriately documented and secured and available for review.
• Determines the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
• Designs, communicates, and implements a detailed timeline/project plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
• Conduct project meetings and prepare meeting notes, action items, and project status reports for management.
• Understand customer needs and timing to ensure project requirements are covered.
• Ensure timelines are created and the team is tracking to the timeline, reports shortfalls as needed to the Steering Group/Stakeholders.
• Manage agendas and meeting recaps/minutes to ensure all project tasks and goals are being accomplished as expected.
• Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
• Performs risk management to minimize project risks and escalates to management as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or finance, is required
• PMP and/or Lean Sigma certifications preferred
• 5 – 8 years’ experience managing large, complex projects, particularly those involving customer driven timelines
• Strong project management and problem-solving ability
• Proven ability to define and execute project timelines
• Proven ability to influence and manage internal & external resources in a highly matrix’ d environment
• Proven ability to address competing priorities within a single project with a positive, can-do attitude
• Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a fastpaced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of the organization, including international sites and time zones
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project programs
• Travel as needed (less than 10%)
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs and describe how we approach working together.
· Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
· Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
· Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
· Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We’re actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com
When applying state you found this job on Pangian.com Remote Network.<!––END––> <!––This code is for all the links at the end of each job post 11/1/2018––>
⇓ Want more? ⇓
See 100+ New Remote Jobs