Project Manager (Remote)
Project Manager | GE Power | United States
Project Management/ Planning/ Coordinating activities typically in the context of a production or services project to fulfill a customer order or need according to financial/commercial parameters and ensuring customer satisfaction. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles And Responsibilities
The Controls Project Manager role includes:
- Development and management of costs with ongoing estimations to completion
- Development, planning and management of the project schedules, and payment milestones while providing contingency planning where required to ensure a timely delivery
- Managing the contractual scope content ensuring all stakeholders informed
- Risk and Opportunity management. Ensuring that all risks and issues are identified and mitigated
- To provide an accurate monthly management report of all assigned projects
- Ensure all project authorization is secured both technically and financially
- To communicate effectively with all the stakeholders
- Provide project leadership and guidance from project concept through to project delivery to customer and to conduct project feedback reviews at the appropriate time.
- It is expected that this position will act as the focus for project-based activities and perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Occasionally, attend training seminars, customer kickoff meetings, etc.
- Promote GE products in front of customers during presentations and other events, as needed
- Maintain excellent relations with customers, peers, engineering, and global teams
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or related technical discipline from an accredited university or college.
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience within the power generation or industrial manufacturing industry.
- Ability to travel, up to 30% annually, within the Americas region, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport
- PMP certification
- Industrial Automation experience, proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and working knowledge of P6
- Knowledge of Mark / Alspa Controls
- Experience with Steam Power systems either in an Industrial, Fossil or Nuclear power plant setting
- Practical knowledge of GE products is a plus but not necessary (Mark V, Mark VI, Mark VIe)
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
- Attention to detail and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Clear thinker, detail oriented, insightful, quantitative, and results oriented – Able to make reasoned, sound, and timely decisions
- Strong verbal communication skills and customer focused mindset
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
- Able and willing to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks
- Self-starter with energy, positive “Can-Do” attitude – Proven track record of producing quality deliverables on specification, to project budget, at product cost, and on schedule
- Able to work successfully in matrix environment, executing multiple assignments and priorities
- Continuous improvement “mindset” with an ability to identify, influence, and implement better ways to do an activity or process
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- This is a remote position