We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social enterprise with a history of designing and launching programs to meaningfully impact communities and provide sustainable resource solutions.
Proposal Writer (Remote)
Proposal Writer | ICAST | Denver |
ICAST (International Center for Appropriate & Sustainable Technology) is a nonprofit social enterprise currently engaged in solving our affordable housing and climate change crisis in a financially sustainable manner. ICAST projects serve low income populations by investing in local communities, reducing resource waste, and help build local capacity.
The proposal writer will be responsible for:
- Research and writing of government, foundation and corporate grants.
- Research and responding to request for proposals and bids.
- Coordinating with Business Development Team on putting together, editing and submitting proposals.
- Project Logistics for proposals including completing checklists, putting templates together, reviewing NOFA’s, NOSA’s, and RFP submission requirements, completing forms and proposal attachments and reviewing budgets.
- Help build relationships and educate funder organizations on ICAST programs.
- Must have 2+ years grant/proposal writing experience.
- Good communication skills in “pitching” programs to potential funders.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work with multiple writers, partners and editors on projects
- Detail oriented
- Experience with MS Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in writing related field required.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to juggle many projects and meet deadlines.
- Previous grant/proposal writing experience in housing, clean energy or workforce training space
- Previous experience managing and building relationships with funders and partners.
- Previous experience with grant research and fundraising