Website Protocol Labs
institution for improving Internet technology.
Remote Research Project Manager | Protocol Labs | Remote | Worldwide |
Research Project Manager
PROJECT TEAMS – FILECOIN | FULL-TIME |
Seeking program manager to assist Protocol Labs outbound research initiatives, including collaborations, grants, outreach, and hiring.
Research at Protocol Labs
Support research initiatives in and out of Protocol Labs across all fields crafting the computer networks of tomorrow. As Protocol Labs’ Research Program Manager, you will interact with partners within and outside of Protocol Labs, helping interface with stakeholder in industry and academia to help shape research across systems, networks, cryptography, etc.
We’re not an ordinary Research Lab. We’re working hard to build the core protocols of the decentralized web pursuant to our vision for the future of the Internet. As part of our research team, you’ll be enabling outcomes at the forefront of our mission. Our research team is granted both the freedom to develop knowledge by working on novel applications, and a responsibility to contribute those skills toward advancing the flagship projects of Protocol Labs and the research endeavors of leading institutions in the field. You’ll feel at home working with us if your knowledge and optimism enable you to craft creative solutions working around evolving needs.
You will make a phenomenal Research Program Manager if…
- You care as deeply about research as you do driving efficiency.
- You are familiar with science and how research gets done but have an interest in product development and impact.
- You want to help drive fundamental research to adoption in real-world applications.
- You’re excited by both product management and research.
As Research Program Manager at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Coordinate with teammates across the Research, Legal and Finance teams to help set budgets and goals for the Protocol Labs grant program.
- Help set up the Protocol Labs bounty program for open problems.
- Assist in managing relationships with academic collaborators and research contributors.
- Improve support for underrepresented groups in conferences, meetups, and academia.
- Craft Protocol Labs’ presence in the research community.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- BA/BS degree and a deep interest in scientific research.
- Demonstrated expertise coordinating action between parties with orthogonal drives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to think across research, product, and business considerations.
- You understand how research labs are run and funded.
- Your cold email game is amazing.
- Professors know you as the office hour ghoul.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.