Canopy Growth Corporation
Provincial Sales Manager (Remote)
Provincial Sales Manager | Canopy Growth Corporation | Canada
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Sales Manager, Manitoba & Saskatchewan will be responsible for managing the sales team within the given province(s). This is an exciting fast paced Sales opportunity for the right self-starter who is able to lead a team of driven sales professionals. The candidate will not only be responsible for the team achieving sales targets, but also making sure the team is actively engaging the community and finding opportunities to create brand awareness. This role will report to the Head of Sales.
- Lead the Provincial Sales Team’s objectives with Canopy’s business objectives and ensure sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting is consistent with Canopy Growth’s ambition to be our customers first choice.
- Manage Key accounts and boards within the Province. Build relationships with the key stake holders to create sales growth and customer education.
- Oversee and ensure that the order-to-delivery process is executed to generate revenue, and keep product shipments moving
- Oversee business development within the province to assess all opportunities and create a strategic sales strategy.
- Assess sponsorship and event opportunities to help drive brand promotion within the confined regulations.
- Achieve revenue, market share and profit objectives as well as other key financial metrics and sales specific performance indicators.
- Responsible for managing and delegating specific KPIs to the Territory Managers and ensuring the managers have all the appropriate tools necessary to achieve their KPIs in regard to:
- Volume and Share targets
- Distribution – according to assigned core assortments
- Develop local pricing strategies
- Accountable for establishing and delivering against sales budgets across salaries & benefits, travel & expenses, and trade spend.
- Work in coordination with the Creative and Marketing team and effectively execute marketing programs, strategies and events.
- Create geographical locations for the managers for effective route management.
- Implement a healthy sales culture that reflects Canopy’s ideologies and goals.
- Previous success leading and growing a successful sales team. Including; hiring, training and mentoring.
- Previous success in growing brand awareness, within a Province, using outside of the box thinking.
- An insatiable curiosity of what makes customers tick and the ability to turn that curiosity into sales opportunities to drive Canopy and our customers business.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Proven track record in team management with the positive results versus KPIs.
- Clean drivers abstract required
- A technologically savvy individual who is comfortable working in a data driven environment.
- Experience in Beverage Alcohol or relatable industries an asset.
- 5+ years experience in Sales, Team Management, Brand Management and event sponsorship.
- Proven track record of working remotely and independently.
This is a full-time role based out of Manitoba or Saskatchewan
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.