Website BDG Media
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies
Remote Associate Product Research Editor
Remote Associate Product Research Editor | BDG Media | Remote | USA |
Associate Product Research Editor (Remote)
BUSINESS & OPERATIONS – COMMERCE
BDG Media is seeking a remote Associate Product Research Editor who can work remotely to join our successful and growing Commerce (affiliate marketing), Team. The team consists of editors and business strategists who create well-researched articles about products for all of BDG Media’s sites.
These articles and the Commerce team broadly operate separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written with the goal of generating revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
This role is ideal for anyone who is a detail-oriented editor, persuasive writer, and avidly researches products before purchasing them. This role is especially a great fit for those with a copyediting, fact-checking, or research background. Since this role is remote, candidates should be comfortable working and meeting deadlines in a self-starting environment.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to different types of audiences (as we write content for a variety of brands) and interpret data to help readers discover products they’ll love. We are looking for candidates with a background in writing and editing, and are open to candidates with other types of backgrounds (editing may have not been their central role, but was an important element in their job function).
Please note: this role does not solely focus on fashion and beauty, and candidates should be interested in a wide variety of products.
The Associate Product Research Editor’s day-to-day will include editing the commerce team’s product articles to ensure they uphold our editorial standards and successfully generate revenue through product sales. The role also requires researching products and product categories and analyzing traffic and performance results to develop new types of content.
Some examples of our commerce content include:
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO strength
- Train, manage and work closely with writers (who are also remote) to produce commerce content that upholds editorial standards and successfully generates revenue from product sales
- Research products across different categories to include in articles, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
- Participate in brainstorms with the business strategy side of the Commerce team Understand how to use analytics tools and data provided by business strategy teammates to monitor performance
- Regular, proactive communication with NYC-based team and writers who work remotely
- Occasional travel to NYC office for training and meetings as requested by management, with an option to come in with more regularity for interested candidates in the tri-state area
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Experience managing writers & a passion for developing their skills
- Background in Google Analytics, ability to interpret data & apply SEO best practices
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals
- Proven self-starter who can responsibly manage deadlines while working remotely
- Ability to work on major sale days (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Prime Day), and full-time hours throughout the holiday season
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London