Flexible Spending Plan, Employee Assistance Program, Retirement and Savings, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Group Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Science Content Specialist (Remote)
Science Content Specialist | WestEd | USA |
As a community of over 900 researchers, practitioners, consultants, and administrative professionals from all backgrounds and life experiences, we are committed to making a qualitative difference in the lives of youth, children, and adults. We conduct and apply research, develop evidence-based solutions, and provide consulting services across the country in both rural and urban communities to improve equitable outcomes for individuals from infancy through adulthood. Serving as trusted partners in the areas of education, health, and justice, our teams enhance capacity within communities and school districts to prioritize impact — asking the right questions, customizing methodologies, developing relevant tools, and implementing best practices specific to a diverse range of stakeholder needs.
Furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion is core to who we are and how we work. We are committed to working with our clients to illuminate and address disparities, value and elevate diverse voices, and ensure equitable access to our resources and services. Please review our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our Careers page at wested.org. Come and join us!
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING THE WORK LOCATION OF THIS POSITION—Although WestEd provides the option of working at one of its facilities for employees, many roles allow employees to choose to work remotely for their own convenience. The decision to allow remote work at the employee’s convenience is based on the requirements of the position or project in question.
Assessment Design and Development (AD&D) at WestEd is seeking qualified individuals who will contribute to the delivery of high-quality products and services in the fields of student assessment, evaluation, and educational research. The successful candidate will work with the Science Assessment Development Manager in all areas of science assessment development, including interpreting the NGSS and Framework for large-scale assessment, designing innovative science assessment tasks, reviewing and editing multi-dimensional items, searching for and identifying stimulus materials, and creating ancillary materials (scoring guides, sample papers, training materials for editors and item writers), constructing test forms, and leading all aspects of the science portions of development projects.
- Interpret the NGSS and other Framework-informed state standards for large-scale assessment development with multi-dimensional items
- Design innovative science assessment tasks with stimuli that use a variety of media, including simulations and animations, and items that use a variety of interactive formats
- Edit and review science assessment items and item sets. Item types may include selected response, open-ended, extended response, performance event, and/or technology-enhanced. Ensure that items meet WestEd writing guidelines and specifications as well as project-specific style guidelines.
- Edit and review scoring materials associated with rubric-scored item types.
- Serve as lead science content specialist on projects.
- Create item development plans and assignments, train item writers and editors, review and edit items, support the work of editorial staff who work on the project, and work collaboratively with directors, managers, coordinators, and other staff working on the project.
- Develop a deep understanding of project materials (standards, style guides, etc.) and project history.
- Facilitate content review meetings.
- Participate in client meetings as related to serving as content lead on projects.
- Provide science content expertise on a range of research projects, such as standards quality evaluations, studies of the alignment among standards and assessments, and surveys of best practices related to curriculum and instruction across states.
- Develop and deliver professional development workshops/sessions related to assessment development, standards, or other focus areas of AD&D.
- Provide feedback to and mentor junior content staff members.
- Work in a fast-paced, often ambitious/demanding environment while maintaining agreed-upon deliverables.
*Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Successful candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The full salary range for this position, WestEd level F, is $64,800 to $111,100 but WestEd does not typically hire at or near the top of the salary range. The typical hiring range for this role is $74,080 to $92,600. The actual offer takes into account multiple factors including but not limited to education; experience; internal equity, and other organizational needs.
In addition to the base salary, benefits include:
· 15% contribution toward retirement effective day 1 of employment
· Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
· All health/welfare benefits are effective first of the month following hire date
· PTO: 3 weeks vacation (increases to 4 weeks beginning the 4th year of employment), paid holidays, and 12 days paid sick leave per year
· Life Insurance: value of 3x gross salary
· Opportunities for annual merit-based performance increases + annual incentives
· Professional development opportunities & mentorship program
For more detail about our benefits, go to: https://www.wested.org/work-at-wested/benefits/
Committed to the diversity of race, ethnicities, perspectives, and opportunities, WestEd offers a variety of social and professional learning communities, such as Employee Resource groups, the Data Intelligence, Insights, and Innovation PLC, and the WestEd Parent Community, just to name a few. We hope you’ll consider joining us to build better schools, communities, learning pathways, and more!
When applying state you found this job on Pangian.com Remote Network.<!––END––> <!––This code is for all the links at the end of each job post 11/1/2018––>
⇓ Want more? ⇓
See 100+ New Remote Jobs