Scientific Product Advisor (Remote)
Scientific Product Advisor | GAMA-1 Technologies | United States
GAMA-1 is seeking a remote Process Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team of qualified individuals support our customers mission. Eligible candidates must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, possess the ability to plan ahead and be customer- support focused. This position is responsible for supporting the project during the entire life cycle of the assigned projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements for implementation of scientific algorithm packages in operations and document the product and process requirements. Provide requirement support and ensure traceability.
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate technical coordination throughout the transition to operations phase.
- Plan tasks and align the transition activities to the project schedule and needs
- Identify gaps and coordinate across teams to mitigate gaps
- Work with stakeholders to identify and track risks and actions
- Prepare presentations and required materials to lead and conduct and support lifecycle reviews.
- Ensure that the established quality assurance standards and procedures are followed during development and packaging
- Support program’s software development effort using Agile methodology
- 2+ years of experience doing scientific research and/or scientific data analysis or developing/integrating software for scientific applications, displaying ability to grasp the complexities of science algorithms and be able to extract requirements for implementing the algorithm.
- Excellent teamwork, strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work with teams from a variety of work settings within a large organization such as NOAA
- Ability to communicate complex problems clearly to wide audience.
- Ability to quickly learn new skillsets and obtain scientific knowledge in remote sensing.
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Familiarity with scientific data formats
- Basic scripting language skills. Python preferred.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools.
- Experience with Agile life cycle process.
- Basic understanding of DevOps methodology and continuous integration & continuous delivery (CI/CD) concepts and practices.
Experience And Education
- BS degree or higher with formal course work in Physics/ Mathematics/ Atmospheric science/ Remote Sensing
GAMA-1 is a rapidly growing technology business that is based in Greenbelt, Maryland. GAMA-1 Technologies provides strategic information assurance, information security, and business enterprise and networking solutions to the Federal Government. Our success is based on the utilization of industry and agency standards, establishment of standardized processes, and IT Services expertise. At GAMA-1, we believe employees should grow, achieve, and develop just as the company grows, achieves, and develops. GAMA-1 is committed to providing our employees with opportunities for career advancement throughout their employment. For more information, visit www.gama1tech.com
GAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR