Senior Backend Developer (Remote)
Senior Backend Developer | Solveva | Portugal
Offices: Portugal, Georgia, Bulgaria
You can join a high-performing international team dedicated to software engineering for leading global (re-)insurers.
About the Project
Our project is a commercial insurance pricing tool for medium to large-sized companies. It is built on a microservice architecture, using Kotlin, Java, Spring on the backend, and Angular, NodeJS, Express, Fastify on the frontend. It allows the user to capture all necessary exposure data, apply advanced terms and conditions, value the risks and calculate the cost of the policy. In addition, we use a central data store on PostgresDB to meet the client’s specific reporting needs.
What You´ll Be Doing
- Designing, implementing, performing unit tests and document large, complex software applications based on REST microservices with Kotlin, Java, Spring, and Junit
- Collaborating within an Agile development team throughout the entire SDLC
- Ensuring development best practices such as code quality, scalability, and maintainability
- Monitoring product quality, ensure proper code validation and design patterns.
- Encouraging technical discussions within the team aiming continuous product improvement
- Actively collaborating with multinational teams within PO, Business Analysts, internal and client-side developers across Europe, providing full support and defining deadlines
- Actively communicating with stakeholders from different hierarchies’ levels and diverse backgrounds, understanding projects’ environment, obstacles and identifying possible solutions, demonstrating analytical and problem-solving skills
Your Skills and Your Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an IT-related field or an equivalent practical track record
- Proficiency in English (minimum B2 level)
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid hands-on work experience with Kotlin, Java, Spring application, and SQL
- Experience in building distributed systems and microservices, knowledge of typical patterns and service integration issues
- Experience in designing REST services
- Proven experience working with relational databases
- Commitment to product quality, knowledge of testing approaches, code verification and analysis, and design patterns
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to abstract complex problems and break them down into meaningful, well-planned steps
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders on different hierarchical levels and with diverse backgrounds
- Proactive, reliable and self-driven team player
- Service-orientation with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
Nice to Have
- Experience in proof-of-concept projects
- Experience with warehouse optimization for growing application load, data collection acceleration, and aggregation for analytics
- Experience with NoSQL and MongoDB
Reasons You’ll Love Working Here
- We are Great Place to Work-Certified firm with an Excellent Approval rate
- We are an owner-operated company – our management keeps their promises
- Small teams collaborate in a friendly atmosphere
- We have a flat structure with little bureaucracy
- Our culture of trust gives you flexibility for remote, office, or hybrid work
- You get a budget for the further education, additional equipment, or your health club of choice
- We provide you with your choice of hardware: Windows (Dell, Lenovo) or Mac (Pro, Air)
Solveva is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with offices in Georgia, Bulgaria, and Portugal. We are an agile software engineering firm for core insurance processes like pricing, underwriting, and risk management. Clients can either develop tailor-made software together with us or can subscribe to our self-developed solutions which we license under our Actus brand.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send us your CV in English.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality and only the approved candidates will be invited for an interview.
Related JobsSee more All Other Remote Jobs