Senior C Engineer Gfi Software (Remote)
Senior C Engineer Gfi Software | Crossover | Switzerland
Are you a senior software engineer known for successfully delivering product releases? Do you thrive in challenging environments and possess the strategic mindset to guide teams toward success? If this resonates with you, GFI Software has an exceptional opportunity: step into a leadership role and spearhead transformative projects that redefine the frontiers of software engineering.
The industry often overlooks the dynamic and diverse SMB segment; at GFI, we’re pioneering a different path. We focus exclusively on SMBs, offering tailored IT tools that provide tangible impacts, creating a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving product releases and ensuring quality deliveries within time, budget, and defined scope. You will develop cutting-edge networking and communications solutions and leverage your expertise in C++ to architect innovative software. Unlike typical managerial positions, you will actively participate in technical decision-making, as well as coaching, thriving on both hard and soft skills.
As part of a collaborative and dedicated team, you’ll drive strategic execution, make data-driven impacts, and spark innovation by encouraging exploration of new tools and methods for improvement. This role is a gateway to continuous learning and growth, where you will learn advanced networking techniques and security-first software design.
If you’re a senior engineer with the right mix of technical prowess, leadership, and passion for innovation, don’t miss this chance to join us at GFI. Apply now and make your mark on the software engineering landscape!
What You Will Be Doing
- Organizing and ensuring the quality and timely delivery of product releases within defined scope and budget
- Serving as the technical leader for GFI’s engineering team, making critical decisions on software implementation
- Coaching the C++ software engineers on both hard and soft skills, fostering professional growth and team cohesion
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Micro-managing – at GFI, you won’t be bogged down with micromanaging but will instead focus on strategic leadership
- Stagnating in technology – you won’t be stuck working on outdated technologies; you’ll drive cutting-edge solutions
- Focusing on larger enterprises – we are dedicated to providing software solutions for small and medium-sized businesses
Senior C++ Engineer key responsibilities
- 7+ years of professional experience in C++ development
- 2+ years of experience in either the network communications or security domain
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and mentoring
- A grasp of AI, Large Language Models (LLMs), and prompt engineering, including Chain-of-Thought (CoT) prompting and Self-Consistency in CoT
About GFI Software
GFI Software develops essential applications for small and medium businesses. Over 80,000 customers choose GFI solutions for network management and performance, security, and collaboration applications. GFI Software available through thousands of channel partners dedicated to serving specific countries and regions worldwide.
GFI has a fully remote, global workforce. GFI has partnered with Crossover to administer its hiring and global workforce management.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-5104-CH-Zürich-SeniorC++Engin.002