Website Risk Management Solutions
We deliver the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities through world-class audit, tax and consulting services focused on middle market businesses.
Senior Content Developer (Remote)
Senior Content Developer | Risk Management Solutions | USA |
About RMS App Experience Organization
The RMS App Experience group is revolutionizing a multi-trillion dollar global industry through a design-centric approach to problem solving and application development. Our applications combine the latest science with modern SaaS applications and API services to deliver high performance, enterprise-scale user experiences. The content you write will be creatively integrated into our applications, and help businesses and individual consumers to understand catastrophic events and create a more resilient and sustainable global society.
If you are obsessed with creating content that matters to customers and reduces onboarding from hours to minutes in a delightful experience, then we want to talk to you!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Content Developer to join our team to create customer-facing digital content that promotes, describes, and analyzes the global suite of RMS peril models and applications for a wide audience of current and prospective users. If you have a genuine interest in business applications of science and engineering, catastrophe modeling, data visualization, and scientific communication, this is an exciting opportunity for you. You will use analytics tools, such as Mixpanel and Google Analytics, to understand how customers engage with your content and drive continuous improvement. To be successful in this role, you will be organized, innovative, and obsessed with customer success.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated ability to communicate complex scientific concepts to a technical but non-specialist audience via user-friendly, delightful digital content built using a variety of tools and methods. You will be thorough, detail-oriented, innovative, flexible, and comfortable working with highly-technical, cross-functional, multinational teams in a fast-paced environment. You will show bias for action with a proven record of delivering high-quality outcomes of value to customers while meeting deadlines. The content you create will help customers to understand and intelligently manage risk from catastrophic events.
If you’re ready to make a difference to RMS and its customers, we would love to talk to you.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Plan, develop, and deliver technical documentation, video, and web projects for a wide range of models and applications
- Define the best content format for the target persona (web, document, microcopy, video, etc.)
- Establish and implement a data visualization strategy to communicate complex scientific, financial and analytics concepts via innovative and creative methods
- Own the entire documentation pipeline, including planning, content design, writing, editing, testing, and deployment
- Analyze user data to better understand how users engage with content and apps and drive continuous improvements
- Translate complex SME information and product capabilities into clear, effective content to accelerate your audience’ onboarding and interaction with the product
- Ensure clarity, consistency, and quality across all content deliverables and formats
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product managers, and key stakeholders to oversee user experience from feature conception until launch
- Clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale during the planning phase
- Improve processes, methods, and tools for how content is created, delivered, and maintained
- Partner with remote and local cross-functional teams to meet critical project milestones and deadlines on a compressed schedule without compromising on quality or scope
- Apply ingenuity to constantly evolve RMS content development practices to improve digital education
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a suitable field including Computer Science, Information Design, Science, Geoscience, Environmental Science, Atmospheric Science, Risk Science, Geography, Engineering, English, Technical Communication, Journalism, or Marketing
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing and launching digital education and product documentation for large-scale, complex enterprise applications and software
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, scientific writing, risk modeling, or data visualization, or a relevant postgraduate or research experience
- Domain knowledge in insurance, reinsurance, or financial industry
- Ability to write to a highly technical and specialized audience using industry concepts and terms
- Experience in authoring within a content management system or other structured content environment
- Experience working with a global, diverse, geographically-distributed cross-functional team
- Experience using data analytics solutions to understand how customers engage with content and prioritize content opportunities to define a delightful customer experience
- Relevant post-graduate qualification or experience that includes 3-5 years experience in managing, writing or editing high-quality digital content (e.g., for a reputable scientific journal of scientific organization), or producing data visualizations to communicate complex scientific concepts in visual format
- Experience with modern SaaS and cloud platforms (AWS or others)
- Experience in using Headless CMS APIs to ingest content authored elsewhere
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g. R or Python)
- Experience applying branded style guidelines to content and leveraging design system
- Experience with Jira and Agile processes
- Versatility to support SME and highly specialized audiences as well as executives, prospects, and new clients less familiar with the domain and industry
- Ability to support a wide range of personas with innovative content and distribution
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks–from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for the California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
Visit RMS.com to learn more and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.