Senior Lead Mathematician (Remote)
Senior Lead Mathematician | Playnetic | UK
Who are we?
Playnetic is a new player in the gambling industry, the senior team is built of years of industry experience. Our focus is to build quality products within traditional slots markets and social casino.Our people have extensive experience in gaming and wider creative industries which feeds into our approach of development: highly autonomous, with an emphasis on collaborative decision-making and transparency.
Cultural fit is as important to us as technical skills. What is in it for you? The story behind Playnetic is to build an environment that enables employees to benefit from our successes, we plan to scale up greatly over the next 12 months and have embedded an infrastructure to promote progression, flexibility and creative freedom. You have the platform to use your creative skills to their max and we want you to have the flexibility to do exactly that.
We are global, diverse and a fully remote studio which allows flexibility with working hours, location as after all everybody has their own “optimal working times/environment” and we want to offer you that freedom.
We are looking for an experience Experienced Mathematician who we can develop into a team lead within the next 6 months as we grow. We currently have 2 product development teams and will be building to 6 by the end of 2024. The Maths team will likely grow from 2/3 to 12 within that time period.
Autonomously design and develop maths models for gambling games
- Keeping the game and market strategy in mind
- Creating spreadsheets and simulations to verify numbers
- Seeing the game through from concept to release
- Being highly involved in the idealisation process, contributing original ideas
- Collecting and providing detailed statistical analysis
Focus strongly on game quality and user engagement
- Having a strong understanding of what makes a good game
- Creating prototype to test the game in early phase
- Implementing and tweaking features in a way to focus on user experience and the player’s journey
- Using statistical methods and data analytics to find the best game balance
- Being up to date with industry trends and standards, drive innovation
Mentor and collaborate with others
- Working closely with key stakeholders (producer, game designer, art director) from start to finish
- Mentoring others, defining best practises and fueling improvements
- Providing support to other departments in maths related topics
- Preparing maths documentation for submission to regulatory services
- Supporting the technical implementation of mathematical models
- 3+ years of experience in the gambling industry, working as a mathematician or similar
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or any related field
- Excellent working knowledge in combinatorics, statistics and probability theory
- Strong Excel and MS Office skills
- Experience in any high-level programming language, such as Java, C# or similar
- Demonstrated experience in designing games
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Excellent problem solving and collaboration skills