Senior Php Developer (Remote)
Senior Php Developer | Future Publishing | UK
Future is a publishing company whose online portfolio of websites drives millions of views in traffic every day. You’ll be working on our flagship Vanilla platform that powers a variety of our brands’ websites to ensure we can serve content to millions of users effectively and efficiently.
- Work on a diverse range of projects from greenfield to existing codebases
- Opportunities to work on a wide range of software and technologies
- Regular hack days and chances to innovate
What you’ll be doing…
As a Senior Developer you’ll work as an integral member of Future’s Platform Team, in close collaboration with the wider Technology & Engineering department. Your key aim being to ensure the delivery of scalable, well structured, efficient web applications and components; working on both green-field projects built from the ground up – using the latest libraries and best practice – as well as maintaining and improving existing code. You will be responsible for the scoping and planning of new software components, refactoring existing code and working with other teams to build new services and products.
Experience that will put you ahead of the curve…
- Proven record of delivering complex applications at scale
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming and related principles, such as SOLID
- You have experience with PHP and at least one other programming language (Ideally, TypeScript or Go)
- You have experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools and practices
- You have experience with creating and running containers
- You are able to communicate technical information to non-technical people as needed
- You are looking for a challenging role where you will be excited to learn and be passionate about software delivery
Furthers skills that would be beneficial to the role:
- Provisioning applications in Kubernetes
- Awareness of other programming paradigms (e.g functional)
- Experience with Symfony framework.
- Application monitoring practices, such as metrics, tracing and logging
- Experience with event sourcing
- React, Redux and related front-end technologies
- Own open sourced code on GitHub (and equivalents) either as a contributor or own projects
What’s in it for you…
We have a number of awesome perks available to our staff. We offer huge opportunities to learn and develop, whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues. We have a fantastic culture where we really do care about our people and want everyone to succeed. Varied roles mean you’re not pigeonholed in to one finite area but get the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and experience
And to top it all off, not only do we offer unlimited holiday because we trust you to manage your workload and time but we also offer a share in our success whereby every colleague is eligible to join our profit pool bonus scheme – if Future hits their performance targets all colleagues may receive a bonus.
Internal Job Family Level T5
Who are we…
We’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Want to know more… https://youtu.be/xxfSvjPuZd
Our Future, Our Responsibility – Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees – current and future – are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.