We simplifies security for global businesses and governments.
Senior Program Manager (Remote)
Senior Program Manager | Forcepoint | USA |
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Technical Program Managers are facilitators and motivators, working across departments and offices to ensure collaboration, communication, visibility, and successful delivery of programs and projects. The role will utilize various waterfall tools and Jira plug-ins to build the roadmap (initiatives) and the project backlogs (Epics), then transfer those project roadmap items to the scrum teams (stories).
- 15 + years work experience as an IT Program/Project Manager
- Responsible for business outcomes and the strategic roadmap for the program that takes into account priorities and resource constraints.
- Work closely with Executive level business partners and IT Leadership to plan and coordinate on-time execution of large projects and programs by Formulating, organizing and monitoring inter-connected projects
- Deciding on suitable strategies and objectives to be able to plan and execute the program delivery and Coordinating cross-project activities
- Experience with communicating status on program milestones, address blockers, and holding project members accountable for program deliverables
- Experience with project management in an Agile environment
- Experienced with Waterfall project management methodologies
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem solving experience and professional manner
- Experience working in a matrixed/multi-disciplinary team
- IT and operations industry experience
- Ability to meet task deadlines and communicate well within the department and organization
- Lead cross-functional teams through entire development/project life cycle from initial needs assessment through acceptance criteria, development, quality review and implementation
- Assist in defining, planning, tracking and managing projects identified on both organization and department levels using project management best practices and Forcepoint PPM tools (Jira, Smartsheet, Confluence)
- Meet with internal engineering groups, operations, and business units to determine detailed program/project requirements.
- Apply change, risk and resource management strategy’s to drive both internal and external partners to meet deadlines as the need arises per the project delivery schedule.
- Build and maintain the project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding.
- Responsible for creating communication link between stakeholders and team (including Issue & Risks management)
- Able to build detailed project plans and define appropriate milestones to track programs
- Able to develop portfolio metrics and set up reporting to leadership on portfolio and project status/ Health.
- Asses program performance and prepare reports for program stakeholders
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Structure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology discipline such as Computer Science, Networking, Information Security, or Engineering
- Good understanding of agile tool stacks, JIRA & Confluence preferred
- Smartsheet Experience
- Release Train Engineer Experience (SAFe 5.0)
- Experience with scaled agile project management (SAFe 5.0)
- Scrum Master/Product Owner Certification
- PMP Certificate
Required Soft Skills:
- Critical Thinking
- Detail oriented and exhibits strong organization skills.
- Capable of working on multiple projects at a time and prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Background and understanding of business principles, practices and procedures.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Organize and facilitate effective meetings
- Flexible, team player who can adjust to and work to improve changing processes
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
US Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: In compliance with Executive Order 14042, all Forcepoint US jobs require employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, Forcepoint offers reasonable accommodations unless the accommodation causes Forcepoint or its customers undue hardship or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to HumanResources@forcepoint.com
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. Persons,” as defined in these regulations. Generally, a “U.S. Person” is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.
When applying state you found this job on Pangian.com Remote Network.<!––END––> <!––This code is for all the links at the end of each job post 11/1/2018––>
⇓ Want more? ⇓
See 100+ New Remote Jobs