Senior Software Engineer Golang (Remote)
Senior Software Engineer Golang | Ankorstore | Spain
We are in business to save independent Retail in Europe!
Across our towns and city centres unique neighbourhood shops have been overshadowed by large chains and e-commerce giants. To combat this, we’ve created a BtoB wholesale marketplace designed to help independent retailers to compete against larger competitors and thus maintain a connected community of stores, brands and shoppers in the places we live.
Established in 2019 in France, we’ve since expanded to other European countries, including Spain, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Driven by our commitment to customer satisfaction, we constantly innovate to develop cutting-edge tools and services that set new standards in the market.
Get in touch if you are looking to join a purpose-driven, international team that revolutionizes an old-fashioned industry!
Together Let’s Rewild Retail!
The Team :
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Golang to join the “Platform” squad and to be part of an enabling team offering services to every team at Ankorstore !
Be a platform engineer, help Ankorstore developers by providing the best platform, services and tooling to help them thrive while producing business value.
Main responsibilities :
- Implement tooling, libraries, skeletons to build a strong Platform with a state of the art developer experience for our Product squads
- Review pull requests made by other engineers and provide feedback that everybody can learn from
- Share knowledge with your colleagues and learn from them
- Help us to define and follow the best engineering practices
- Provide support for the code you ship
While the Product is currently built mostly with PHP, most of the Platform tooling is built with Golang so mastering it is key. GRPC knowledge and a basic knowledge of PHP is useful as well of course.
On the product side, we’re at the beginning of the transition phase towards a Service-Oriented Architecture, so there’s a high chance that we’ll be introducing new frameworks, technologies and libraries to our technical real estate.
Ankorstore tech stack :
- Front-end: Vue.js, Typescript, Vuex, sass, webpack
- Back-end: Golang, PHP 8.1, Laravel 9
- Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch,…
- Tools: Github, CircleCI, LGTM-Stack (Loki, Grafana, Tempo, Mimir), Sentry, Notion
- At least 5 years of professional experience minimum in Go
- Strong knowledge of low-level programming concepts (networking, concurrency, …)
- Ability to solve complex problems in simple ways
- Being a pragmatic and autonomous team player, knowing how to adapt to a rapidly evolving work environment
- Basic knowledge of gRPC
- Basic knowledge of observability (OTEL, …)
- Good software engineering practices around clean code, reviews, and testing
- Comfortable with performance, security, and scalability
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
- English workplace proficiency
Other skills that would add value:
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Isitio and Envoy is a plus
- Bonus Points: you’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft !
At Ankorstore, our goal is to empower YOU by providing the flexibility to make the best choices for yourself, allowing you to concentrate on what you LOVE both in your professional and personal life.
- We have partnered with Ben a modern and flexible benefits platform that will allow you to personalize your benefits. You will receive the equivalent of 7% of your base salary to use on whatever you like!
- We are a remote-friendly company; depending on your role, you will have a full remote or a hybrid contract to work from France, the UK, Germany, Spain, or Benelux
- 25-30 days of paid leave (depending of your location)
- Life insurance that protects your family financially
- €/£ 100 growth allowance to be used on your development (conferences, events, books, online training, subscriptions etc.)
- 360Learning, a dynamic learning platform offering engaging, customized training experiences and fostering skills development
Ankorstore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.