Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Senior Software Engineer | IngeniumAI | UK
IngeniumAI are looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer
Does the idea of building innovative healthcare solutions which help to save lives excite you? Then we’d love to meet you!
A bit about us
IngeniumAI is a spin-out from the University of Bath and Royal United Hospitals Bath. We develop machine learning solutions for the healthcare industry. We’re dedicated to developing solutions that leverage existing data streams to enable the early detection of rare diseases such as pulmonary hypertension. Our team of experts work closely with clinicians to ensure that our solutions are accurate, reliable, and meet clinical needs.
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join our team to develop and thereafter maintain software to enable the early detection of rare diseases. This is a remote role for an initial fixed term and the candidate must be based in the UK.
You’ll lead the development of a cloud-client software platform which integrates with our machine learning based image analysis technology.
Development will be in accordance with a Quality Management System (QMS), and the software design process will follow IEC 62304. You’ll contribute to documentation in support of this.
As a start-up you’ll be part of a small team and integral to the success of the company. There is also the potential for this role to grow into a technical leadership position.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years’ experience of software development in industry / academia / open-source projects
- Experience deploying software products in an industry setting
- Experience developing software in one or more of C/C++/C#
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- Experience developing cloud computing solutions using Azure, AWS, GCP or similar
- Experience developing software under a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Experience using version control software such as GitHub
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of regulatory domain for Software as a Medical Device
- Experience developing machine learning algorithms in Tensorflow, Pytorch, or Monai
- Experience developing software under a QMS compliant with ISO 13485
- Experience working on solutions which process sensitive data
- Knowledge of Python
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Enrolment into IngeniumAI’s equity option scheme
- Private pension contributions
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, accruing 1 additional day per year of service
To be considered
Please submit a CV and a cover letter which briefly outlines why you’d like to work for us and how you meet the criteria.
We expect to interview short-listed candidates from September 22nd.