an online learning community for creators.
Remote Senior Software Engineer, Growth | Skillshare | Remote | Worldwide |
Senior Software Engineer, Growth
ENGINEERING | FULL-TIME
Our Growth team on engineering makes it easy and compelling to join and use Skillshare, from anywhere in the world. They work on projects to help support our growing international community (such as video captions), enabling successful Skillshare for Teams experiences, and ensuring a smooth payment experience for all users. We currently have over 5 million users around the globe, and as we continue to scale, we’re excited to welcome another senior full-stack engineer on to the Growth team.
What you’ll do:
- Build product! You’ll contribute to features that help our global users easily join and engage with the platform.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives with the team (we work in agile here).
- Review code with best practices of readability, testing patterns, documentation, and performance considerations in mind
- Mentor your teammates and help them grow and develop their skills.
- Work closely with other engineers, along with our product, design, and data teams.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You’re an experienced engineer with a proven history of working across the stack and building product at scale.
- You’re ready to work with an existing code base, and can pick up new languages as needed.
- You bring best practices in architecture, code quality, testing and technical documentation to the table, and are ready to share them with the team.
- You are a natural collaborator and excited about technical mentorship.
- You’re passionate about the user, and eager to help us build the best possible core product for all of our teachers and students.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: A solid core experience is the foundation of a strong business, and this team is at the heart of it.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.