Software Engineer Backend (Remote)
Software Engineer Backend | Foodics | Saudi Arabia
Proudly “voted the best place to work” in 2021-2022, Foodics, one of the most promising SaaS companies in MENA, was founded in 2014 with headquarters in Saudi Arabia and offices in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Egypt, and Jordan.
FOODICS is the leading Restaurant-Tech company in MENA and a pioneer in the regional F&B industry. Foodics is currently undergoing rapid expansion across MENA, Africa, and Asia, servicing over 20,000 brands, and has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the largest SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
We provide a cloud-based point-of-sale SaaS ecosystem with tools that help F&B, and retail businesses start, track and grow. Our customers use Foodics to accept payments, track inventory, monitor sales, process orders, digitize menus, manage employees, create analytics and smart reports, provide secure cloud storage, and enable the integration of third-party apps.
We pride ourselves on recognizing and retaining talent while promoting creativity and efficiency. We are constantly looking for people to help shape and be a part of our bright future!
Our Purpose: To create a growth-accelerating platform that enables the restaurant ecosystem to achieve the most remarkable performance
Our Vision: To be the most trusted one-stop-shop software & financial platform for restaurants
Our Mission: To empower every person who contributes to the success of a restaurant business and provide finance to fuel its growth
About the Role:
Hi all! We are looking for a Mid-Level Software Engineer – Backend with exposure to both fintech solutions design and architecture to become part of our global expansion. This role will be working with some of the finest Software Engineers in the region fostering our Foodics Pay, fintech solution.
Interested? Hop on & #Apply_Now!
- Establish and guide the architecture of several backend microservices
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, and product managers
- Design and implement new features and functionalities
- Use test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Solve complex fintech problems
- Contribute to Foodics fintech architecture
- Get to Integrate and interact with large data sets from various financial services providers
- Offer coaching and mentoring to junior engineers
- Research and lead adoption of new systems/technologies
- Look for ways to eliminate technical debt, improve the performance, and organize the code base
- 2-4 years experience building backend microservices with PHP / Laravel (Python or GO is a plus)
- Experience with relational and non relational databases
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Solid understanding of REST APIs
- Good understanding of Redis and caching
- Good understanding of Git
- Working experience with agile frameworks is a must
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus
- Experience with Docker is highly desirable
- Experience with streaming technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with database optimization techniques
- Familiarity with API performance techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Great team spirit and strong commitment to achieving results
- Interest in utilizing and learning new technologies
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Experience with a scaling SaaS fintech in the region is a huge plus
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Foodics Talent Acquisition team, personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We believe you will love working at foodics!
- We offer a people-focused culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, innovation, and a flexible work setup: remote, in-office, and hybrid models
- We are a performance-based company that offers 30 calendar days of vacation, 30 days of work from anywhere, career advancement opportunities, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and shares potential
- We value learning and will help you with personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges and an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training. You will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities in a hyper-growth environment
- This is an excellent opportunity to grow and work with some of the most talented people in the industry, a team of more than 30 different nationalities, and hired in more than 14 countries and locations globally!
- And you will be part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy, and mentoring and creates incredible opportunities for you and the company
Disclaimer: here at Foodics, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our colleagues, our products, and our community. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Foodics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.