Software Engineer (Remote)
Software Engineer | Actalent | United States
Are you interested in working on Innovative automotive Technology?
I’m currently hiring for a 12 month contract to hire Sr. Software Engineer Position that is Hybrid!
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will act as a technical expert to provide your expertise across several product teams, ensuring software follows good architectural principals and best practices. You will work on one or more product teams to deliver quality products to our customers. You will balance short term needs with long term goals while delivering features and functionality.
- Deliver quality software for our automotive aftermarket products.
- Design software that is secure, serviceable, scalable, reliable, and meets required performance.
- Identify commonality between products and create designs to satisfy them.
- Documents design and architectural decisions.
- Facilitates coordination between development teams to minimize duplication of effort.
- Acts as a technical mentor to other staff by promoting good design, coding, and working practices.
- Develop full stack solutions.
- Evaluate new technologies / frameworks and adapt into products and process as required.
- Drive initiatives for continuous improvement and innovations.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
10+ years’ software development experience with C, C++, C#, and/or Java.
Experience in full software development lifecycle (Design, Implementation, Verification and Deployment).
Application development for Linux
Embedded Software Experience
Strong in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
Strong understanding of Object-Oriented design and development patterns.
Application development for embedded Linux.
Linux kernel customization.
RTOS or bare metal development experience. (plus)
Experience working/interacting with RESTful web services.
Wide knowledge of development methodologies and architecture models
C++, Embedded software, C/c++, Microcontroller, Development, Linux, Firmware, Embedded system
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Embedded Software Development experience
- Strong Linux experience in the C++ & some Java C#
- Need to understand with higher level language concepts to apply them into the products
- Experience Sr. Embedded Software Engineer who can make an impact on the existing architecture by doing high level development and helping with the framework on the embedded level of the firmware.
- This candidate will be someone who has grown up in the embedded space doing systems level engineering, high level design and low level architecture who knows how to put software together.
- The candidate will have experience in C++, C#, Java and Embedded Linux.
- Knowledge/understanding of system engineering and high level design and low level architecture
- Paid Weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plans
- Abenity Discount Program
- Udemy Courses
- Work Life Balance
- Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work with a dedicated career partner specialized in your skill set
- We advocate on your behalf so you get what you want and need out of your job
- Get performance feedback, career advice, and access to ongoing professional development tools
- Build your career and learn new skills through projects as diverse as your curiosity
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
- Hiring diverse talent
- Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
- Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
- Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.